5 Week Old Easter Egger Gender?

SequoiaBaby7

Chirping
Jul 28, 2017
I have a 5 week old splash Easter egger that I got from a local breeder. Until last week, I was pretty positive it was a pullet because it's hackle and saddle feathers that were coming in were all round and not pointed at all. The breeder also believed that it was most likely a pullet when I purchased it. I went on vacation for 5 days and came back to its comb being significantly larger than when I left and it is slightly more pink too. I'm assuming it is too early to be 100% on the gender, but I was just hoping to hear your thoughts, especially since I was almost 100% sure until 2 days ago that it was a pullet. :fl

IMG_6830.jpg
IMG_6828.PNG
IMG_6801.jpg
IMG_6794.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_6899.JPG
He is without a doubt a roo, it's just 4 days since I've taken the first pictures and look how red his comb has gotten.

Even though I didn't plan on having any males, I'm considering keeping him since he is so beautiful. We will have to see how things pan out. Fingers crossed that my bantam Cochin, the only other bird I bought as a straight run, ends up a pullet so I don't have to decide between the two.

View attachment 1113488 He is without a doubt a roo, it's just 4 days since I've taken the first pictures and look how red his comb has gotten.

Even though I didn't plan on having any males, I'm considering keeping him since he is so beautiful. We will have to see how things pan out. Fingers crossed that my bantam Cochin, the only other bird I bought as a straight run, ends up a pullet so I don't have to decide between the two.
Can you post a pic of the Cochin? Is it the same age?

Back
Top Bottom