A 7 month old Broody Buff Orphington?

Hi,
Your little buff is very normal!!!
who needs incubators when you have a nice big buff orp sitting!!!
They are just like silkies! great mums, My Goldilocks raised lots of eggs for me, I love buffs, im looking for more at the moment.
Can you give her some fertilised eggs to sit on?
Have fun.

Last edited:
My BO has 2 eggs under her. I have 3 roosters so there's no telling what the chicks will be. I'm just gonna leave her to it. We'll see how she does!

What are you worried about? 🙂
Not all chickens will go broody. Some breeds do more than others, but still an individual bird thing.
It so is!
I had one of my ISA’s go broody (which was a strange surprise) but luckily we noticed right away and took her out of the nesting box. It went on the same for 2 days, her just sooo surly walking around the yard clucking the way they do in this situation. After that she was fine, never happened again.
I entertained the idea of giving her fertilised eggs to sit on but with her nature I didn’t trust how her mothering skills would be, and also, didn’t know what to do with the chicks if she hatched them! We weren’t ready for more at the time

Well thank you all for your advice. Maybe I will just forget it and anytime she wanna be a mama I will help her out.

Back
Top Bottom