A dog food miracle at our house

I send Taste of the Wild with my dogs if they have to be "boarded" since most people don't want to feed raw meat. It's nice being grain free - easier on their tummy to switch over to and then back to raw.

My Lab mix would also eat the bowl when he was a kibble dog, I have a picture of him laying in the hallway with both dog's bowls by his head. But after transitioning to raw he no longer brings me empty bowls in-between meals.

I also feed my cats TOTW all the time. It's good food
smile.png

My cats love their Taste of the Wild. My ducks like it too. They like it to the point they break in to the house and steal it given the opportunity. I grind up pieces of TOTW and sprinkle it on my quail's feed. They would rather eat that than anything. My white quail always checks my hand for TOTW when I go out to take care of their pen. You can almost see the disappointment on her face if I don't bring any with me
gig.gif

Quote:
We paid $35.99 for a 30 lb. bag here, at a little out of the way feed store. I know TSC and major chain pet stores carry it.
Only problem is, Kane's tummy is not yet adjusted to the change. Probably from the sudden switch over, but when you buy expensive dog food, sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do. More pepto bismal tablets hidden in peanut butter for him. Learned the "Lesson of the bright pink walls" already with him.

Here's a link that has a dealer locator feature:

http://tasteofthewildpetfood.com/

No plans to switch the cats over to TOTW. They are both doing excellent on their current feed - Wholesome Goodness, made by Meow Mix. If KiKi's eyes get any shinier and her coat gets any more plush and beautiful, I may have to stuff her. (j/k)

Last edited:
After reading this thread, I discovered my two local feed stores carry this food. I plan to buy the next time I go pick up hay/feed for the goats and chickens.

Kiperts - 30 lb bags
$41.99 for the Bison/venison (they buy in larger quanity for lower cost) and $45.99 for the Fish/fowl.

Del's
$48-49 for both.

Designer Pet Food Store in Dupont carried both for over $50.00.

I feed my Boston Terriers TOTW too and they LOVE it. My female is a picky eater and now she actually eats all of her food. It helps with their gas issues as well. My female also had skin allergy issues and that has greatly improved. Unfortunately my 1 year old son loves it too...
roll.png
We always know when he has snuck some because his breath smells like salmon.

Quote:
Jax and Kane had (have) beautiful coats on the diamond food too. Jax doesn't like eggs - did I mention he's a picky eater? - Kane eats eggs and anything else he can get his paws on.
I am thankful for the TOTW mainly because it's something Jax will eat.

Back
Top Bottom