about to preform bumblefoot surgery---any tips befor doing so?

Pics
Every thread, "case" and OP is different.

Thinking and reasoning behind changing the dressing daily is OP is having a difficult time keeping the dressing on. They are a minor (or I assume they are from previous posts and mentioning of parent assistance). And trying to keep things simple so it's not confusing to them. For the OP it is best practice to change the dressing and/or clean the wound daily so it's monitored and if any issues arise, they can address instead of finding out there's a problem 3 days later.

Not all instructions or treatments are one size fits all - just about every post I make is geared to assist the OP and their particular situation. Readers can garner info and either apply it to their situation or dismiss it.
In your situation, every 3 days may be suitable - it's dependent on your skills, knowledge, the wound, etc. etc.
I too have changed dressings every 3 days with no issues. Some I address every day - one size does not fit all.

Thank you for bringing up Tricide-Neo! It does work very well, it is a great option for treating Bumblefoot. There are a few good nonsurgical methods for treating Bumblefoot and this is well worth looking into. Threads dating back to 2011 give instructions for using it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/treating-bumblefoot-with-tricide-neo.513183/post-6526194
And in case you can't find the thread you made @papajoesfarm here it is!:)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/bumblefoot-vet-treatment-cost.1189722/
Agree! 👍

Ok here is the foot today! I couldn't get a pic of the foot yesterday cus my phone was dead but here's today's pic!

Attachments

• 20210530_103757.jpg
    20210530_103757.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 11
She DESERVES a treat! The only moment during the rewraping was her twitching her toe! I was thinking of just finding a worm and giving it to her but, is there something better? I don't have mealworms or any veggies.

Ok here is the foot today! I couldn't get a pic of the foot yesterday cus my phone was dead but here's today's pic!

She DESERVES a treat! The only moment during the rewraping was her twitching her toe! I was thinking of just finding a worm and giving it to her but, is there something better? I don't have mealworms or any veggies.
That's looking pretty good! You're doing a good job taking care of her.
Hmm...a treat?! Do you have scrambled eggs? Maybe a few grapes, a strawberry...anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom