above ground pool

cheeze

Time Out
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
middle TN
Anyone every try to use the frame of a pool for a chicken run that u can maybe move around?

I can get one free in the morning 24' with a cover .

I was thinking cut a small hole for a door in the side , run them out of the coop into it then move them in it around my yard/field.

Im going to get it either way and use the pump for my koi pond and scrap the aluminum pool if its a no go on the run .

Just thought maybe someone tried it and had ideas already.

sounds like a good idea for a run but I dont know much about how they are built. Seems to me it may be a little hard to move.

A 24' pool would give a nice amount of space for the chickens to run around in. But the sides, being solid, wouldn't allow the chickens to see out. You wouldn't be able to sit and watch chicken antics, either. If you covered it with a solid cover, it would get stuffy in there.
We used to have a 24' pool. I wouldn't consider it movable. The bottom rails slide together to form the circle, and the pool sides slip into the little track. It's the upright side posts and the top rail that keep the sides from caving in. To move it, you'd have to lift from the bottom, in order to keep it in the track. Unless you had a good number of people, lifting that way would probably make the bottom rails fall apart.

My 6 spoiled girls have been in a hot tub frame since they were about 4 weeks old. They love it. They spend the day in their tractor and free ranging and nights in their hot tub now.

Back
Top Bottom