Adding onto the chicken holder 3000

Had a few extra pieces of OSB and salvaged off of a bunch of pallets. Got two more walls done. One more wall and I can add electrical. She’s getting a fan, lights, and a big zapper!!! After that is done, I’ll be running water to it and modifying my waterers to accept a hose for auto fill and also adding a spout so I can add rooster booster to them periodically. I’ll also be cementing the floor so I can start putting bedding in there to make for easier cleanup and adding some roosting boxes.
Is the ventilation up top the only ventilation you plan on having? Perhaps leave the front top half open covered with hwc and make an awning so the rain doesn't get in but you have lots of airflow... You're making great progress!

Is the ventilation up top the only ventilation you plan on having? Perhaps leave the front top half open covered with hwc and make an awning so the rain doesn't get in but you have lots of airflow... You're making great progress!
There are small spaces between the boards, on the back there is a 2x10 that is separated from the coop leaving about a 2” gap the length of the coop, the entrance is man sized and open, and there is a 3” gap under the roof, nor is the roof perfectly air or even water tight.

There are small spaces between the boards, on the back there is a 2x10 that is separated from the coop leaving about a 2” gap the length of the coop, the entrance is man sized and open, and there is a 3” gap under the roof, nor is the roof perfectly air or even water tight.
Where are you located in general? I see palm trees, so I'm guessing the south. You are gonna need a lot more ventilation to keep your ladies happy and healthy. The minimum recommended is 1sqft per bird in mild climates, if you have heat like I do you're going to need to double that and then some. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom