Air sacs different sizes duck eggs day 23?

MotherDucker3

Songster
May 28, 2021
I am concerned with why the air sacs in my call duck eggs are different sizes. We are on day 23 and 2 of them have nice big air sacs (I can actually see one seems to be trying to push through the air sac to make an internal pip). The other 5 eggs air sacs are quite small still and I don’t understand why. See below. I have kept humidity quite low the last few days in hopes to grow the air sacs but haven’t noticed much changes. We are only a few days from hatch and I’m starting to get nervous for the small air sac eggs. :( Pic #1 air sac looks good, pic #2 air sac has grown but still seems small, pic #3 air sac is very small still. I see movement in all 7 eggs but am just concerned with the varying sizes of air sacs

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpeg
    IMG_2018.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2024.jpeg
    IMG_2024.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2025.jpeg
    IMG_2025.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
I didn’t do that no, they have stayed in place. I wasn’t aware i needed to do that. Incubator is this one
Yes, incubators often have spots where it is slightly warmer and spots slightly cooler. Picking the eggs up and moving them around ensures they all get even heat throughout the incubation period. When you have some eggs more developed than others by a few days it is usually caused by this.

Yes, incubators often have spots where it is slightly warmer and spots slightly cooler. Picking the eggs up and moving them around ensures they all get even heat throughout the incubation period. When you have some eggs more developed than others by a few days it is usually caused by this.
Is there still a chance for the small air sac eggs? Is there anything I can do? I will move them around now

Yes they most will just require a little bit longer incubation period.
I’ve heard call ducks sometimes hatch a bit early. Egg #1 seems to be already trying to break through the air sac for an internal pip. Do you recommend putting them in lockdown sooner? Especially if egg #1 pips? Will it hurt the other eggs to stop rotating them?

I’ve heard call ducks sometimes hatch a bit early. Egg #1 seems to be already trying to break through the air sac for an internal pip. Do you recommend putting them in lockdown sooner? Especially if egg #1 pips? Will it hurt the other eggs to stop rotating them?
At this stage it won’t hurt the eggs to stop rotating them. I usually stop around day 24/25 for my regular breeds.

Back
Top Bottom