ALABAMA!!

So many pictures and things I need advice on! Also pictures of B-mo and Lorraine, the chicks I got from hennyhandler. My sweet babies!
These are our mystery chicks we bought at the feed store on a whim because they desperately needed a nice clean home. All they knew was they were a brown laying bunch. The white one with spots is named LanceArmstrong, the red is harmony, and the grey with white head is little scrappy. Any insight very appreciated.

Here are some pictures of the finished coop! It's hodge podgey but we love it! Plan on adding ribbed metal to the outside. The peeps love it! I'm so excited!

ok and now....even more. B-Mo is the lighter blue silkie and Lorraine (or lawrence) is the darker blue. they are peeps we got from hennyhandler. love them! Any idea as to gender??

Ohh, they are so cute! I love that coop! Great job. I would love to help you on breed for your mystery chicks but I don't have a clue on those.
hide.gif
It's a little early for the silkies to tell gender.

Ueah figured it was early. Aren't they beautiful??? Omg I love B-Mo so much! Such a sweet bird. Isn't there a general guess this chick thread? Maybe I can try them there. Our little coop has so much character! We have a side area of grass fenced off now, but are putting up.goat fencing throughout the rest of the yard this weekend when we get back from.cullman lol1

Those are Cinnamon Queens.

History: The Cinnamon Queen Chicken is a sex-linked cross breed brown egg laying chicken. It is a cross breed created from a Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen and a New Hampshire rooster. This breed has not been given recognition by the American Poultry Association.Read more:http://www.poultryclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=breeds&action=display&thread=407#ixzz2PKUHPHVm

I picked up 10 of the exact same chicks last weekend. And the did advertise them as "red pullers". They list them as RIR, NHR, Red she link, or Rhode Island dark reds. I posted my picks on another thread and comments came back that they were Golden Sexlinks. Anyone have any idea.

Well I haven't found an organic mill, but I'm still on the look out. I did find a retailer for countryside organics layer feed, but not for starter/grower. Through Grace valley farms (they are licated in trinity) the feed is $34 for a 50# bag. It's cheaper than going through the site directly. I eventually gave in and ordered grower through countryside. If you find something better let me know :) I'm still on the look out.

congrats! I remember taking that test around this time last year. I actually had to take it twice due to botched results. Opted for the fruit punch the second time, it was a wrong move. I remember how exciting it was to get the pass
smile.png
I hope this has been and will be a smooth pregnancy! I can't wait to have another baby! So excited for you!

Congrats as well, been there done that, yuck!

It's just cruel to tell a pregnant woman she can't eat and then give her a barftastic drink reminiscent of bug juice or some other vile kids drink. Then they did the same thing to me when I got induced, only vile drink was replaced with vile orange popsicles that made me throw up... Grmbgrmbl.

May your pregnancy be smooth.

On an empty stomach they are. Got up at 5am... one day past due date, didn't have the baby til 9pm! Had two popsicles that day
sad.png
Second one did me in.

It was hilarious though, I was going natural and I just kept thinking about the pizza I was going to have afterward to keep me focused
lau.gif
BEST PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA EVER!

Oh, and the baby wasn't bad either. 9 pounder.

I got some more pictures of the coop today
big_smile.png
I realized I had not showed off my door yet.

We got 9 of these barrels. $10 each from Birmingham recycling center (speaking of vile drinks, a few had fanta syrup in it, some hawaiian punch, coke.. they're clean now).

And the little rascal, contemplating on eating a stick. He tried, momma intercepted.

Back
Top Bottom