ALABAMA!!

A question for my experienced chicken keeping friends.....do you use deep litter method in coop or sand? Moving first batch of girls very soon & not sure what to use. Thought I was sold on sand but have been reading about deep litter method & wanted everyone's opinions. Still contemplating poop boards

A question for my experienced chicken keeping friends.....do you use deep litter method in coop or sand? Moving first batch of girls very soon & not sure what to use. Thought I was sold on sand but have been reading about deep litter method & wanted everyone's opinions. Still contemplating poop boards

I didn't put a floor in my hen house , so its all dirt, and I just scoop it out when the smell gets bad

Quote: I hope he was calling the RIRs old ladies and not us. He'd better be. Otherwise I might smack him on the back of the head next time I see him.
lau.gif

Hello to all the new folks I missed while I didn't have internet!
frow.gif

I have some great news, I finally made it to Daytona! Blu got into Montgomery around 5 last night and we left around 10:30. It was a rough ride with SJ, but we got through it just fine. I'll post some pics for Y'all as soon as I have them.

I'm so tired right now, but I'm past the 24 hour mark so I can't sleep.
lol.png

Hello to all the new folks I missed while I didn't have internet!
frow.gif

I have some great news, I finally made it to Daytona! Blu got into Montgomery around 5 last night and we left around 10:30. It was a rough ride with SJ, but we got through it just fine. I'll post some pics for Y'all as soon as I have them.

I'm so tired right now, but I'm past the 24 hour mark so I can't sleep.
lol.png
Hi Raz, y'all take care and be careful and get some rest!
lol.png

Bad news. I went from 12 chickens to 4. Was going to say goodbye to all of them them but couldn't do it. They're my pets and I feel terrible for giving up on them. My only comfort is constantly thinking about the concern their new owner showed for them realizing they were gonna be in the sun the entire ride home which was only 10 minutes away. I know they went to a wonderful home, but I'm still in tears because I feel like I just lost my children. :(

Back
Top Bottom