ALABAMA!!

one tornado passed 3 miles north of us, then beelined for my daughters house. Just missed it in Bessemer. Looks like just as bad this afternoon here in Bibb County

I have decided that I am jinxed er something on incubating eggs. I bought eight Silver Sebright eggs off ebay, and added six of my bantam eggs to em. Put em in the incubator right away, April 4th. Not one hatched. Zero. Nada. Zilch. I monitered the temp and humidity close, no probs, auto egg turner working.

Do ya'll do some kind of voodoo thing over the incubator before starting?? I'll try that if it works....

I have decided that I am jinxed er something on incubating eggs. I bought eight Silver Sebright eggs off ebay, and added six of my bantam eggs to em. Put em in the incubator right away, April 4th. Not one hatched. Zero. Nada. Zilch. I monitered the temp and humidity close, no probs, auto egg turner working.

Do ya'll do some kind of voodoo thing over the incubator before starting?? I'll try that if it works....

Have you tried with local eggs first? I would try and practice with those, before getting shipped eggs.... that way you know if it's you or the eggs.

What temp and humidity do you have?

one tornado passed 3 miles north of us, then beelined for my daughters house. Just missed it in Bessemer. Looks like just as bad this afternoon here in Bibb County

That's pretty close. Glad you and your family are okay.

Did you candled the eggs? Were they all good until lockdown?
What kind of incubator are you using and are you sure your temp/hum monitor is accurate?

Actually I'm not one to talk. I didn't do too good on my incubation either. I got 12 eggs locally to play with my homemade bator and 10 of the eggs were good at lockdown but only 4 hatch. I think I know what went wrong. Next time I have to put chains and locks on my incubator during lockdown so I will not open it. And leave dead chicks in until all of them hatch.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom