ALABAMA!!

First chick ever hatched successfully and another has pipped... I don't believe I will be able to sleep tonight.
1f605.png

How did it go? I was right where you are 2 weeks ago! So exciting! Congrats!

since this was my first time I messed up on the humidity so 2 out of 5 of my own eggs hatched... I finally got them to eat... they are silkie mixes and booted

I'm on my 2nd batch and just discovered that I turned off the egg turning function on my incubator by accident. 4 days of not much turning :/ I'm nervous. But we learn by our mistakes! I'm glad 2 made it. Yay. My first time I hit 5 out of 7. It's a mixed big of emotion.

Last edited:
I'm on my 2nd batch and just discovered that I turned off the egg turning function on my incubator by accident. 4 days of not much turning :/ I'm nervous. But we learn by our mistakes! I'm glad 2 made it. Yay. My first time I hit 5 out of 7. It's a mixed big of emotion.
Oh,I hope your babies are alright!! I decided to check the eggs that had quit and I lost two black ones sadly. But as I was opening the air cell to my last one I peered very closely and it moved!!! I placed it back in the incubtor... hopefully it makes it...the humidity is very high so it shouldn't shrink wrap

Oh,I hope your babies are alright!! I decided to check the eggs that had quit and I lost two black ones sadly. But as I was opening the air cell to my last one I peered very closely and it moved!!! I placed it back in the incubtor... hopefully it makes it...the humidity is very high so it shouldn't shrink wrap

Me too! I kept wondering why I didn't hear it turning. But maybe they're ok since I just set them up Saturday afternoon. I moved them on my own on Tuesday and Wednesday. Just out of sheer nervousness. Then finally figured it out last night. It's to early to candle n see if they're ok. Hope you can share pics of your chicks soon!

Me too! I kept wondering why I didn't hear it turning. But maybe they're ok since I just set them up Saturday afternoon. I moved them on my own on Tuesday and Wednesday. Just out of sheer nervousness. Then finally figured it out last night. It's to early to candle n see if they're ok. Hope you can share pics of your chicks soon!
I will when I see them after work. Their dad was a buff silkie and their mom is either the speckled Sussex or jersey giant that I have...lol somehow this Bantam made it work
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom