ALABAMA!!

I am in Haleyville, Al(Winston County) born and raised in Hatton (Lawrence County). I started out wanting ducks for the pond cause I thought it would be cute. Then my DH wanted to replace chicks he had lost. So we ordered some RIR chicks. A BYCer offered some geese. I got them and she gave me some little turkeys.Then a friend of my DH gave him some banties. My BIL gave me an incubator. Cant let it just sit so found some mixed eggs from a BYCer. Had it overrun so DH bought me a used cabinet incubator. I also found an old brower metal bator at my MIL's. So, now I am looking for some fertile EE eggs that I can pick up.

big_smile.png
Welcome to the world of Chickens!!! Momma got 5 chickens just to have chickens and now wew are up to 50 I think and quail and pheasant and guinieas!!!! ooops and turkeys!

Last edited:
Quote:
Tell me about it! I had 3 chickens and 30 quail last year -started this year with 33 chickens and 10 ducks. I went to Collinsville flea market today and bought a kitten so I had to stop at TSC to get kitten food and bought 20 Clearance chicks - DH I going to kill me.

Chicknhut- I'm right close to you! Matter of fact, we zip into Haleyville all the time for this and that!

I'm thinking about maybe adding some ducks, turkeys, and geese to our small flock. Anybody have any they want to sell or give away? I have eggs in the 'bator, they are due to come out around the 9th of may. So I could do eggs if needs be. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom