ALABAMA!!

So...I was gifted 6 Turkey eggs (standard bronze)a few days back. They had sold the hen that was sitting. I brought them home and candled them but only one was good. It just hatched on monday, along with my own hatch of chicks. I am in Arab, 30min south of Huntsville. Does anyone near by have a spare young poult or two?
I don't, but I'm only about 30 minutes north of you in Madison.

I've got a couple of chicks I need to re-home, if anyone wants them. I pulled them out of the bins at work since they weren't doing well. Both should be pullets. One just needs some time and help getting its legs under it. The other only has one working leg. Poor thing got its hock ripped up be some other chicks, but she's active, eating, and drinking. They both are, for that matter.
To far South and they are probably to old for my yet to be hatched little ones.

Good morning, everyone! I'm really hoping we're going to get a break from this heat soon; my pasture is downright crispy these days.

The first of my April pullets (a RIR) started laying this week! :celebrate Her hatch mates should be joining the party soon. I swear she's been holding out for better weather and just couldn't wait any longer. Her comb and wattles have been fully developed for almost a month now!

I a
I will keep in touch. I know nothing about geese, but I am trying to learn. I am thinking I will need a very young one to tame and adjust to the bantams and them to her. Thanks
I agree :) With the Embden geese, I can pretty accurately discern the genders at hatch based on down color. And you would definitely want a younger one so it would integrate well.

In my experience, their level of tame is pretty individual, though I do prefer them over Africans and Chinese geese. I've had some want nothing to do with you and some that come running into your arms when you call them.

Back
Top Bottom