ALABAMA!!

Anyone near Florence/Muscle Shoals have a Jersey Giant Rooster that is over a year old? I have one that is 5 months old and he is over eager with my hens. I am hoping that if I can find an older one that he will be a little less over eager. Any advice would be appreciated also. I have one hen in particular that he will chase down and breed everytime he spots her.
hmm.png

Quote:
where was it at, and what kind of auction? the regular cattle auctions i've been to never charged

It was mixed livestock. Hoof stock and birds.

I've heard of some auctions charging what's called "seller's fees" If you want a number to bid then you have to pay for it, but I've never heard of one charging for admission.

Quote:
where was it at, and what kind of auction? the regular cattle auctions i've been to never charged

It was mixed livestock. Hoof stock and birds.

I've never gotten charged to get into a cattle or goat auction. The goat auction also does fowl, amongst a little of everything else.

Retsbreh,
I don't have a Jersey Giant but I have an extra RIR roo about a year old and a SLW/RIR roo cross about the same age and 2 Red Sex Links (they are white as roos will be white and hens red) they are all about the same age. If you want ANY of them just let me know and you can have pick of the litter.
wink.png

I also have about 4 Barred Rock Roos about 4 months old and a couple Barvelder roos about 4 months old.

Jayare

Hello. I haven`t been on here in a long time,but I`m wondering if anyone else is having lazy chicken problems as I am, in other words [ not laying]. I`ve got 16 laying hens but only average 5 to 8 eggs a day, today only 4.,,nothings changed ..same feed,same pen,etc. thanks for any ideas,,

I got the same problem here. I used to average about 30 eggs a day and have been only getting about 14 on average the last few weeks. I only got 10 eggs yesterday.

The last few weeks I've had more customers than I've had eggs available. I just bought $63.00 worth of feed yesterday and have only sold $48.00 worth of eggs this month. They better start producing for me cause I'm in the hole now. Although I don't do this for the money I do this for my pleasure, but it is nice if they pay their own way.
wink.png

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom