ALABAMA!!

HarlansHollowFarms wrote:
HI Everyone

Just moved from Montana to Alabama....we are buying a house in Eclectic. I was wondering if there is a local supplier of farm fresh eggs, meats, cheese, milk, birds...etc. until we can get our home in order?

Right now we are staying in Prattville in the extended stay hotel with 4 of our 5 dogs....can't wait to close on the house and get situated.....

There is a sale in ecletic on friday nights we used to go to butmy grandpa had knee surgery so we haven't went in a while?

Roll Tide. Hey Alabama
wow. I am really shocked at seeing so many Alabamians on here. I didn't take time to read every single post. That might take a long while.
I live in Nauvoo about 10 miles northwest of Jasper AL. Walker County.
I recall some of you live close to me but can't remember whos who yet.

I don't have my profile set up yet
or my signature.

I have 14 guineas---or did===current count is 13. Looking for # 14.
sad.png

I have 21 young chickens. About 9 weeks old= ish.
Rhode Island Reds= one name Bama- rooster.
Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers= not sure what the verdict is yet.
White Brahmas
Black Australorps
Dominiques
and a couple of ?questionables.

Married 23 years
2 sons= one is 12 years old on July 4th, One just discharged from the Army and he is 23 years old Nov 25th
and I have 2 grandchildren.

We are in the process of building a house= ourselves and I have a greenhouse nursery business. Love to garden. Tried growing a giant pumpkin a few times.
Was in the news paper once for my embarrassing low poundage pumpkin of 310 pounds. That really is embarrassing if you look at the world records.
I am obsessed with growing tomatoes and selling the produce.

Happy Farming
Cricket/ or Carolyn. Folks know me as Cricket around here. DBA Crickets Greenhouse

Last edited:
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Hi Cricket,
I just moved here so I am not familiar with all the towns yet, but I think I have heard of Jasper, and I know I have heard of Walker County....how far is that from Eclectic?

Sounds like you are quite busy....good luck with the building, that is a lot of work!

Quote:
Hi - Nauvoo here too...think I've passed your place a few times. :)
Expanding here - have Dominiques, Rocks, RIR, Australorps, Buckeyes, a few odd assortment of orpington, cochins, americaunas and hopefully (in incubator but hatch rate sucks) some RIWhites. My Godson has gotten into Silkies so that's his project. Also have a few Muscovy and Midget White turkeys and giant Chinchilla rabbits - so keeping things cool is tough lately.

SOMEONE SAID I SHOULD REPOST MY PIC WHEN THEY GOT OLDER THAT IT WOULD BE EASIER TO TELL WHAT BREED THEY ARE. SO NOW THEY ARE ALMOST 6 WEEKS OLD!
97172_102_12331.jpg

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom