All American BCM 41 hatch along

Pics
Up and at em, Sparkler! The time is gonna go by quick!

Side note on boy vs. girl hatching... The only time I hit 50% odds so far was when trying to hatch all eggs from ONE hen. I do wonder if that's the best way to ensure balanced and predictable outcomes... Or if some hens will still throw mostly boys in a clutch sometimes.

Tax, here's my only 50/50 clutch before I could tell them apart:
b510847d-e1ad-4cb5-94c2-d3f02f821f8b-1_all_24048.jpg

Up and at em, Sparkler! The time is gonna go by quick!

Side note on boy vs. girl hatching... The only time I hit 50% odds so far was when trying to hatch all eggs from ONE hen. I do wonder if that's the best way to ensure balanced and predictable outcomes... Or if some hens will still throw mostly boys in a clutch sometimes.

View attachment 3869357
Idk! But they are a whole lot of cutie pies

View attachment 3869357
It's been a long time ago but maybe on BYC or some agricultural article said that an incubator set temp -- cooler or slightly warmer temp produces more of one sex than another. Anyone know about that?

It's been a long time ago but maybe on BYC or some agricultural article said that an incubator set temp -- cooler or slightly warmer temp produces more of one sex than another. Anyone know about that?
That's absolutely an old wive's tale. I tested it by using month-old refrigerated eggs once. The only thing that happened with those is only half of them hatched...so did the roosters die? Heck no!

Changing incubator temperature is playing with fire too as you can safely go up or down one degree from 99.5 and probably not have any adverse problems except they may hatch a few hours earlier or later depending. But any variance more than that degree and that's when the chance of leg/hip/neck issues or other problems and/or mortality rate increases.

Trust me, if there was a way to do it, that's what everyone would be suggesting and screaming from the roof tops! Me included!

Back
Top Bottom