Almost 12 weeks old, help.

ChickenMullets

In the Brooder
May 3, 2024
I need help telling if they are pullet or cockerel. I will post two images of each chicken. Been here before but they were very young and lots has changed.

1. Moira, easter egger.
IMG_2151.jpeg
IMG_2178.jpeg

2. Ruth, silver laced Wyandotte

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2125.jpeg

3- Idgie, sapphire gem or blue rock.
IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

4- Kramer, sapphire sky
IMG_1970.jpeg
IMG_2139.jpeg

5- Mabel, Blue OR Black laced red wyandotte. Ive heard both blue and black for Mabel.
IMG_2153.jpeg
IMG_2142.jpeg

6- Grace, light brahma

IMG_2160.jpeg
IMG_2157.jpeg

7- Ninny, barred rock

IMG_2136.jpeg
IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg

The only one that gives me any cause for suspicion is Kramer, but the rest are all pullets. Kramer is probably a pullet too but, she's definitely on my "keep an eye on" list
Kramer has been on and off the suspicious list so many times that i gave them a boy name and just hope theyll lay an egg one day lol. They dont display any of the stereotypical young roo behaviors, yet anyway. Thanks for your response

They all look like girls to me. Kramer's comb is awfully red, but not that large and I don't see any male specific feathering which usually starts to show up by now.

Mabel is a blue btw. You can clearly see the dilute in her leg feathers, and in that first picture you can see the grey edged in darker grey that is characteristic of of andalusian blue. Her lacing is beautiful!

They all look like girls to me. Kramer's comb is awfully red, but not that large and I don't see any male specific feathering which usually starts to show up by now.

Mabel is a blue btw. You can clearly see the dilute in her leg feathers, and in that first picture you can see the grey edged in darker grey that is characteristic of of andalusian blue. Her lacing is beautiful!
+1 and you can see the difference between blue and black by comparing her lacing color to Ruth's

Thank you. When she was younger her blues were pretty black so for a while people were telling me she was black. Thats where my confusion came from as a first time poultry owner. Though yes shes definitely more blue these days and she is gorgeous though a major brat. I am thankful for all the education you all give me to learn about my girls.

Back
Top Bottom