Almost ready to get little chicks!

Claire_Bear

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 3, 2007
Garrison
Omg! I'm just so excited about getting chickens, but there is one problem. I was ordering them from Mcmurray hatchery and they send a minimum of 25 chicks, and I really dont want 25 chicks. Any suggestions, recommendations? I want about 10 of them.

Hi, Claire....I know! the 25 chick minimum isnt good for me either. I think ideal hatchery has a minimum of $20 for chick orders so figure about $2.00+ a chick thats bout 10 of em. However theres always the possability of getting exta males for warmth! What to do with all thoes boys. And then theirs Mypetchicken.com which uses a special packaging system for their chicks so you can get as little as 3 shipped to you. I think im going to go this route myself. They dont sell chicks at any feed stores by me....but you should also try checking at you local feed stores...you never know....I hope this helps!
smile.png
-Dom

Last edited:
It is just an extra 15! If you get the chic fever real bad, you might be adding more later. LOL! Let people on here know where you are at and maybe someone will want some in your area.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom