Alternative feed to Scratch & Peck organic layer feed

GG Brit

Chirping
Oct 2, 2020
I’ve always been a big fan of the organic Scratch & Peck layer feed. I typically buy in 25lb bags from my small local feed store - I can manage to carry them and they fit my limited storage. Now, however , the manufacturers have decided to only make that size bag available from
Chewy and Amazon. My local suppplier only can sell the 10lb bags - too small and not cost effective - and 40lb bags which I don’t have space for and struggle to carry. I wrote and spoke to the manufacturers who said I could always support my local store with the purchase of auxiliary products and buy the 25lb bags from the two suppliers who carry them.

I don’t like pellets or mash and am wondering if anyone has come across an equivalent feed to the organic Scratch & Peck. Thank you.

Check on Chewy for Kalmbach's layer or flock maker. I know they have it in organic and 30 or 35 lb bags. Or check elsewhere for perhaps smaller, but that's a good feed.

Thank you / I want to support my local feed store rather than use major corporations in this instance. The feed you suggest sounds like a good alternative - I’ll check with my store to see if they know about it. Thank you for responding.

Back
Top Bottom