amaracan chicken stagering and acting almost drunk

mama dixie

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 11, 2011
I have an Americana chicken that is staggering she had a drooping wing and I thought it was just do to the heat but it is cooler today and she is still kinda staggering not as bad as she was but still a bit. she is thin and did not want to eat. the only thing she would eat is berries. she almost took my finger off when my son picked some wild berries, blackberies and I was holding one and holding her. I started the whole flock on coxi med in the water because another one of my Easter eggers is very thin as well. I just do not understand why the Easter eggers are having this issue and the others are not.

what do you think it could be? I always default to coxi because we have had trouble in the past with it, I figure process of elimination. my birds are pets and egg givers but I am getting tired of all the disease any ideas?

I have an Americana chicken that is staggering she had a drooping wing and I thought it was just do to the heat but it is cooler today and she is still kinda staggering not as bad as she was but still a bit.  she is thin and did not want to eat. the only thing she would eat is berries.  she almost took my finger off when my son picked some wild berries, blackberies and I was holding one and holding her.   I started the whole flock on coxi med in the water because another one of my Easter eggers is very thin as well.  I just do not understand why the Easter eggers are having this issue and the others are not.  

what do you think it could be?   I always default to coxi because we have had trouble in the past with it, I figure process of elimination.  my birds are pets and egg givers but I am getting tired of all the disease any ideas?  
You can also try some poly vi sol without iron in case it is a vitamin issue. Mine were on chick starter and needed extra B. They recovered nicely. Worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom