Amateur homesteader

Just married into an acreage with ducks, chickens, geese, turkey, goats, and a big white dog. I am wanting to do so much and have so many questions! First of all, I have duck eggs I want to incubate, and my mom came over today, and washed them...
Welcome to BYC! There's some great Articles on Incubation and hatching all types of fowl in the Articles tab/section of this site. I don't think you're supposed to wash duck eggs before you incubate, but maybe I'm wrong. I've only ever done chickens.

Just married into an acreage with ducks, chickens, geese, turkey, goats, and a big white dog. I am wanting to do so much and have so many questions! First of all, I have duck eggs I want to incubate, and my mom came over today, and washed them...
Congratuations on your marriage! I don't incubate eggs, but I thought you weren't supposed to wash them if you were going to try to hatch them. Better check into that before you spend the time trying to incubate them.

Welcome to BYC.
Congratulations on your recent marriage. It's hard to establish boundaries with our parents. It hard for the parents too. While you may not be able to incubate the eggs, your mom probably meant well. I'm sure she will know better next time. I love poultry, but a good relationship with your family can't be beat.

Back
Top Bottom