American serama thread!

When are seramas full grown?
My chicks are 5 weeks old and I was wondering how much bigger they will get?

At 5 weeks, you have a long way to go. Serama grow up until they are a year old. Even at a year, they continue to fill out in the chest. That's why it's so amusing when someone asks what "class" a 4 or 5 month old bird is!

At 5 weeks, you have a long way to go. Serama grow up until they are a year old. Even at a year, they continue to fill out in the chest. That's why it's so amusing when someone asks what "class" a 4 or 5 month old bird is!

Thanks! I figured it was a while still but wasn't sure since they are such small chickens.

Shhh don't tell the others but she's definitely my favorite lol

My two Serama/Bantam Frizzle Cochin kids. They're 4 weeks old in these photos and so sweet. Now 5 weeks old and look about the same (except a teeny bit bigger with more feathers). REALLY hoping they are ladies. Thoughts?

by that age i'd think the boys would be showing red, so i am guessing beautiful ladies??

solo has joined the other two in the brooder, aka bathtub, his brooder buddies are a pynchon and ee

SCCL - single comb clean legged.
I recently hatched some booted Seramas from my clean legged frizzle hen (the one in my avatar). Obviously there is some cochin in the background.
hmm.png
Only two of the clutch have feathered legs, but they are growing into very typey birds. Could/should I show them, and if so what class should I show them in? I hadn't considered it before and planned to sell them as pets but I saw someone mention showing booted ones in tabletop and started thinking.........

I recently hatched some booted Seramas from my clean legged frizzle hen (the one in my avatar). Obviously there is some cochin in the background.:/  Only two of the clutch have feathered legs, but they are growing into very typey birds.  Could/should I show them, and if so what class should I show them in?  I hadn't considered it before and planned to sell them as pets but I saw someone mention showing booted ones in tabletop and started thinking.........

To my knowledge, booted are not recoginzed as a true serama and there would be no Table Top showing class for them. And as for feathered legs in cage...haven't a clue...:oops:

To my knowledge, booted are not recoginzed as a true serama and there would be no Table Top showing class for them. And as for feathered legs in cage...haven't a clue...:oops:

Thanks! You have far more experience and knowledge of this breed than I do, so I'll go back to my original plan of selling/giving them away as pets. :). I may keep one to breed to a very typey cockbird I have to see if the feather legs can be eliminated.

Back
Top Bottom