Ancona genetics question

This is what you can get from all colors with either a blue drake or a blue drake split to chocolate.
View attachment 3779351
View attachment 3779350
With the chocolate gene in either a hen or the drake or both, you have lot of possible duckling colors!

This is one of my lavender hens vs my lilac. Lilac almost looks buff, with a caramel tone.
View attachment 3779355
View attachment 3779359
Would you possibly know what a Cayuga + deer runner fawn/white would be? I have 3 Cayuga hens and 6 deer runner fawn/ white, thank you 😊

Would you possibly know what a Cayuga + deer runner fawn/white would be? I have 3 Cayuga hens and 6 deer runner fawn/ white, thank you 😊
I'm not entirely sure what the genotype of fawn and white runners is, but I think it has at least 1 blue gene and chocolate. If so, you'd probably end up with blue pied and lavender pied ducklings. If fawn/whites have only 1 blue gene instead of 2 (someone else might know), you could get black pied and chocolate pied too. And since the drake is the one with chocolate, they'd be sex-linked; females would be the lavenders and chocolates. :)

Thank you! What would call her
It won't let me upload, I appreciate your time and kindness ❤️😊🦆

I'm not entirely sure what the genotype of fawn and white runners is, but I think it has at least 1 blue gene and chocolate. If so, you'd probably end up with blue pied and lavender pied ducklings. If fawn/whites have only 1 blue gene instead of 2 (someone else might know), you could get black pied and chocolate pied too. And since the drake is the one with chocolate, they'd be sex-linked; females would be the lavenders and chocolates. :)
I'll upload my hen which I think is blue or lavender when it let's me, she is the one on my profile picture 📸 😀🦆

Back
Top Bottom