Ants????

I had a problem with big red ants in our coop I used Orange Guard in the coop and have not seen an ant in weeks. We just cleaned the coop out again yesterday and no ants. You should be able to get Orange Guard at Ace hardware Or you can order it online at Orange Guard.com Its nontoxic and is all natural. The best part is it leaves a nice orange smell. This morning when I went into the coop it smelled so clean. Micki

There was a discussion a while back about ant killers and fire ants. There is a recipe for home-made orage ant killer there. Just do a search for ants and it should come up.

Karen

I've read that distilled white vinegar will get rid of them...just be careful not to spray it on any plants that you don't want to kill as it is also good for unwanted weeds.

Think I'm gonna try the Orange Guard, just because it will smell better!
smile.png

Thank you all for your suggestions......My coop is slowly going up......but as we work I find more and more ants......I will try these things.........

I also read on line about using grits..because ants are made up of mostly water......they will eat the grits and then the water in them will get sucked up......not sure......but surely to goodness something will work......

Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom