When you write, are you a...

• Pantser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plotter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good God, 50,000 words is a lot!

I write on and off, but I think 50,000 words is a bit more than I could do, let alone in a month
Wow! What will your novel be about? What geners are your favorite to write?
It is a lot! I've been writing for a few hours each day to keep up.

I've done fantasy in the past, but recently I've been more into historical fiction and similar genres. This novel is set in a form of alternate reality, and my theme is freedom and leadership. Here's my back cover blurb:
Refugee Porter Barr has been enthusiastically preparing for his father and younger brother to escape from their homeland and join him. But when his father doesn’t arrive, both brothers begin to investigate this country’s governing powers more closely.

At the same time, entrepreneur Sandi Myers’ dream of starting her own private school is about to become a reality, but when unexpected regulations and taxes begin tearing down her progress she struggles to counter their efforts.

What are you both writing about? What genres do you like?

Plotters (also called Outliners) plot out their book, and pantsers fly by the seat of their pants. Plantsers are somewhere in between.
Oh, I'm probably a plantser then. I have specific scenes mapped out in great detail, it's the connecting that I have issues getting to.

It is a lot! I've been writing for a few hours each day to keep up.

I've done fantasy in the past, but recently I've been more into historical fiction and similar genres. This novel is set in a form of alternate reality, and my theme is freedom and leadership. Here's my back cover blurb:
Refugee Porter Barr has been enthusiastically preparing for his father and younger brother to escape from their homeland and join him. But when his father doesn’t arrive, both brothers begin to investigate this country’s governing powers more closely.

At the same time, entrepreneur Sandi Myers’ dream of starting her own private school is about to become a reality, but when unexpected regulations and taxes begin tearing down her progress she struggles to counter their efforts.

What are you both writing about? What genres do you like?
I do a lot of young adult plots, usually supernatural and or medieval

Oh, I'm probably a plantser then. I have specific scenes mapped out in great detail, it's the connecting that I have issues getting to.

I do a lot of young adult plots, usually supernatural and or medieval
Same for me. But I've been trying out K. M. Weiland's method of outlining on the Helping Writers Become Authors website and I've really enjoyed it! It makes more sense to me than any other method I've seen.

No way! I'm a medieval geek. I'd love to read an snippet of one of your stories, if you'd like to share!

Same for me. But I've been trying out K. M. Weiland's method of outlining on the Helping Writers Become Authors website and I've really enjoyed it! It makes more sense to me than any other method I've seen.

No way! I'm a medieval geek. I'd love to read an snippet of one of your stories, if you'd like to share!
I'd have to reread and make sure it's appropriate to post here. Most have very adult themes for the plots

Back
Top Bottom