Any artists out there?

Honestly, it's not why they call DA toxic. They call DA toxic because of a combination of people who can't handle criticism at all and people who dish it out too freely. There's a lot of not-great pictures on DA, and a lot of people who won't hesitate to tell you some awful things if you post something bad for fun instead of scrolling past and letting someone be a cringey teenager. People who will absolutely take a picture, your feelings, etc. and tear it to SHREDS.
On the other hand... There's some REALLY, TRULY bad pictures on there and people who can't understand why their edgey OC they drew in MS paint is unpopular. :p You can tell those people think everyone should be like their mom and say "That's so nice honey! Let's hang it on the fridge!" and if they get even some feedback as simple as "try not to draw anime, it looks bad and doesn't make you better" they flip out.
The conflict between those two groups is pretty intense. There's a LOT of mob behavior as a result, of cringey over-sensitive artists being like "It's ok hunney your art is the best!" and people who don't care about hurt feelings being like "Sorry. But no, it's actually bad and you should feel bad for making it". Mass reporting and flaming, etc. It's a mess IMO.

Personally, I just post pictures and reply to comments and that's it. I avoid the social groups and that helps a lot. But if you're looking for a community that doesn't work out very well.... Some specific private communities on DA are better than others.

But the copyright issue is why I, specifically, don't use DA too much. I mostly use it for doodles, art challenges, etc. that I don't care about. Also worth noting, chances are good it won't matter if you post there. Neither you nor I draw well enough for DA to actually want to use our pictures for anything. :p
Thank you again, my sis and I are the artists in the family, and we love to draw LOZ, there are some artists that do AUs and ask blogs for certain games, which gives the temptation to do things like others.
I have looked at one of those ask blogs, for skyward sword, and the ask section was closed due to maybe 200+ questions from others, but the sucky thing about it is without a tumble account, how do you get a reply anyway? But life is life, just have to enjoy it.

My sister, @RoosterWhisperer, and I love to share our art, but it's hard to find an appropriate art website.
Could you just start up your own art site? You could have an email address for them to use to send you art to post up on it, so that you can easily moderate it. You can have a tab for all of the different artists (a parent tab entitled "artists" with child tabs that have the different artists).
EDIT- you can also turn off comments so that people don't criticize artwork, and have a private page with comments to do as an art forum with the artists. If you reply to the artists' emails, you could tell them the passcode for the forum. Wordpress allows the admin to moderate the comments to take down anything innapropriate.

Could you just start up your own art site? You could have an email address for them to use to send you art to post up on it, so that you can easily mediate it. You can have a tab for all of the different artists (a parent tab entitled "artists" with child tabs that have the different artists).
@LothalRebel does have her own art blog site thingy.

I've been watching River monsters, so far I've heard of man-eating fish and barracuda that can knock people out of a kayak.
Now I'm watching one about people being dragged into blue holes by some sea monster.
Delightful.

Last edited:
Since ya'll made some dragons, I hopped on the bandwagon.
dargon.png

Back
Top Bottom