Any artists out there?

drawtober2020.jpg

^These are the 2020 Drawtober prompts
inktober2020.jpg

^These are the 2020 Inktober prompts.

If you do the inktober stuff, don't tag them. Don't put any sort of label on them. Don't mention that they're inktober related. :T Don't need anyone getting C&D'd.

Edit; You CAN mention the prompt word. The challenge itself/the prompts can't be trademarked or copywritten. Just don't put anything Inktober on it.

I think that I'll follow the drawtober ones roughly, but if there's something else that I think fits the overall theme and I don't know what to do for the prompt. I"m thinking that I might change up 'carvings' and 'midnight feast' to be a black cat and a wolf. Not at all related, but fit the halloween vibe, and that's what I'd like to draw.

Personally, I like to take the ideas and try to do something out of the box with them every time. Gets my brain moving.
I'm not very out of the box. I'm thinking that for Wicked apothecary, I'll have some bottles and bundled herbs and a cauldron over a fire. For folklore I'd like to look into native american folklore and pick something spooky out of that. For ancient rituals, I don't know yet.... For harvest festival I'll probably just do some pumpkins, gourds, etc.

I'd be careful to find something that Native Americans feel is spooky rather than we think is spooky about them. There's this while big thing with witchcraft and native practices getting mixed up, giving us a weird perception of native practices that's very inaccurate. But they've got a bunch of really unique beliefs and practices that really have nothing to do with witchcraft at all and broadly hate being associated with it 'cause it really warps perceptions of their traditions.

I'm really excited for "carvings". There's SO many directions you could go with it. Did you know that elephants actually carve caves in cliff walls while looking for salt? That could be a cool picture. Or just like.... Straight up just doing a study of David.

I'd be careful to find something that Native Americans feel is spooky rather than we think is spooky about them. There's this while big thing with witchcraft and native practices getting mixed up, giving us a weird perception of native practices that's very inaccurate. But they've got a bunch of really unique beliefs and practices that really have nothing to do with witchcraft at all and broadly hate being associated with it 'cause it really warps perceptions of their traditions.
Yep! I should have clarified, I meant some sort of monster/creepy creature from their folklore, not Native traditions or practices.

Back
Top Bottom