Any artists out there?

wow, I have an I pad, but it has battery problems, so it doesn't get used much... I find i enjoy myself with comp art, but i still enjoy the feeling of a pencil in my hand!
The older ipad is likely getting its battery replaced soon. It might be free based on its age because Apple had that whole snafu with their batteries. But if it’s not covered it should be $100, which is way cheaper than a new iPad

Just popping in here. Over the past three days I have been really into drawing birds. I copy my birds from another picture. I've gone from nothing to something in just 6 hours total!

Day one (Eurasian-Collared Dove, Black-capped Chickadee, Downy Woodpecker, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Yellow Warbler, Killdeer, Northern Flicker, Barn Swallow, Dark-eyed Junco (Oregon) and some kind of Grosbeak)
View attachment 2361956

Day two (Western Kingbird, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Chipping Sparrow, American Goldfinch, and I think a Yellow-throated Warbler)
View attachment 2361954

Day three (Black-billed Magpie, House Finch, Black-capped Chickadee)
View attachment 2361957
Love the barn swallow!
What kind of pencil do you use?
@RoosterWhisperer here’s the concept sketch. I used sunset colors as inspiration. I used the base of my adolescent eastern dragon, so the antlers are smaller than a full grown dragon’s are. I can maybe pull more yellow and orange stripes into the white body, but it’s late and I wanted to get something posted

View attachment 2362011
Wow! You are an incredible artist!
this is my latest computer piece!
A poult!

View attachment 2362014
I don’t see no poult!
B901829A-76D1-459C-95EB-DAFCF24DB620.jpeg

Omg I really love that.

Doing each star on this piece took 3 hours and pushed the time to 10 hours total. Thumbnail for extreme size. He’s a space themed Zangoose
View attachment 2362015
Wow! The shading is excellent!

Sorry to overwhelm you but my original quest with the tagging of people was to get feedback on this shading... any critiques/tips?
View attachment 2361887
Imaginary light source is in the upper left corner. No light coming from in the pumpkin, I don't think I can handle that much shading confusion yet.
Well, IF you can, grab a pumpkin and set it up with a light where you want it. With the bumps and dips of pumpkins, its hard to say... the light hits here, then falls quickly to half shadow....
do you see what Im saying??? (not feeling like I make much sense...LOL) By ACTUALLY setting up a small still life, you are able to see EXACTLY where the light hits it.
The next thing is.... dont smear your shadows.... HUGE pet peeve! Smearing gives you ONE shade of gray, where as in the shadows... there are many! LIGHTLY layer your marks to get the gray that you want.
There IS a time and place to smear.... BUT as you learn... its best to leave it be. THEN, you are able to shade with ANY drawing medium in your hand.

You have a GREAT start! Now.... tone up that line and lightly start shading it. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom