Any artists out there?

Echo, Jessica and Amie.png
This is a random drawing I made that took a few hours (Most of it was probably spent re-drawing the hands)

@lilmillefleur I was reading the character bios and I know this is hypocritical because I never draw my own characters, but I was thinking: if Arbor and his mother and sister and Parafin have trees as their normal form, aren’t trees just as much a valid part of their character? You need to draw tree illustrations!
*tolkien fangirling intensifies*
(Because Tolkien described and illustrated many trees in his lifetime)

View attachment 3479432“Fancy Shenanigans” @lilmillefleur
Apparently my idea of “fancy” is the 1920s. I guess I’ve been reading a lot of Lackadaisy.
I am especially proud of Arbor’s monocle.
I just wanted to see them in fancy clothes.
I’m not very creative with ideas for clothing though. 😅
also you can see I tried drawing a centuar body on Spruce before realizing I had no idea what the lower half of her body looked like. She is a shapeshifter.
I have an older picture of her too, where she is a centaur.
Also just lots of erased lines. Not sure if I need a better pencil and eraser or if I just need to get good and not keep erasing and redrawing.
Oooh I love them! Really neat character designs :D I love all the poses as well!

Also I love lackadaisy as well. The 1920s are very fancy

And hey, it’s ok to erase! Don’t ever feel bad about that. Erasing is an important part of drawing, even pros need to erase stuff. It is frustrating when you can’t get rid of those indents in the page, though.

I’m very heavy handed with my lines, so I’ve found that using thinner lead has helped me draw more lightly so that I don’t end up with as many deep marks that are hard to erase. Although honestly I still struggle with that. Moving to .5mm lead from .7 made a big difference for me. I use a mechanical pencil since it’s thinner than regular pencils as well. So the lead will break if I’m being too rough. There’s also little pencil grip things you can get that force you to not squeeze as tightly. I don’t know if you struggle with that, but I thought I’d share since I’m kind of aggressive with my strokes and I tend to hold my pencil in a death grip 😂😅

Oooh I love them! Really neat character designs :D I love all the poses as well!

And hey, it’s ok to erase! Don’t ever feel bad about that. Erasing is an important part of drawing, even pros need to erase stuff. It is frustrating when you can’t get rid of those indents in the page, though.

I’m very heavy handed with my lines, so I’ve found that using thinner lead has helped me draw more lightly so that I don’t end up with as many deep marks that are hard to erase. Although honestly I still struggle with that. Moving to .5mm lead from .7 made a big difference for me. I use a mechanical pencil since it’s thinner than regular pencils as well. So the lead will break if I’m being too rough. There’s also little pencil grip things you can get that force you to not squeeze as tightly. I don’t know if you struggle with that, but I thought I’d share since I’m kind of aggressive with my strokes and I tend to hold my pencil in a death grip 😂😅
Yes, lillemillefluer's characters are peak character design. Normally I use .5 lead papermate clearpoint because they don't make fat grey lines like .7. But I also use BIC velocity .7 because as you can see the lines are even finer and darker because of how firmly the pencil holds the lead. The lines are super thin and defined in this drawing compared to many others I have done. But as you can see it leaves stupid lines I can't erase. I often break the lead when writing but I'm super gentle while drawing so that doesn't happen.
I drew this with no reference so I'm kinda p proud o itView attachment 3479741
The color, pattern, and texture is really cool! What inspired this drawing?

Yes, lillemillefluer's characters are peak character design. Normally I use .5 lead papermate clearpoint because they don't make fat grey lines like .7. But I also use BIC velocity .7 because as you can see the lines are even finer and darker because of how firmly the pencil holds the lead. The lines are super thin and defined in this drawing compared to many others I have done. But as you can see it leaves stupid lines I can't erase. I often break the lead when writing but I'm super gentle while drawing so that doesn't happen.

So uh
I was watching harry potter 2 in german and he went into Knockturn Alley by accident and there were skulls in shelves and one of them looked radical like a mummy, so I made a green plant one EDIT: Here's a screenshot
1682351677327.png

I'm working on a wolf/dog one that looks like a galaxy, I'll send it later

Ah gotcha! Yeah I still get deep lines from thin lead :c the joys of drawing, am I right? :’D that’s good that you’re gentle! I’m super aggressive when I draw 😂 I’ve gotten way better over time, but I’m just very heavy handed.

I read somewhere that holding the cap of a pen in your other hand will make you write lighter; So you could possibly try that.

So uh
I was watching harry potter 2 in german and he went into Knockturn Alley by accident and there were skulls in shelves and one of them looked radical like a mummy, so I made a green plant one EDIT: Here's a screenshot View attachment 3479865
I'm working on a wolf/dog one that looks like a galaxy, I'll send it later
I don't know what's weirder, the fact that you watched it in German or called it Harry Potter 2. Were you in German class or something?

Back
Top Bottom