Any artists out there?

WIP of a comic panel. Perspective is confusing but I’m trying to be patient with it 😭

Attachments

• F3CF6CB8-B35F-4A14-B7F2-0AD71135B548.png
    F3CF6CB8-B35F-4A14-B7F2-0AD71135B548.png
    445.8 KB · Views: 3
So I've been writing lately.
I should not be allowed to craft angst, but if I do, I should make silly comics about it.
(Featuring: me! As in, normal me! And my Writer's Brain, as played by the Blood Princess)
View attachment 3475194
this is how i often feel while developing stories/characters
tenor.gif

View attachment 3479432“Fancy Shenanigans” @lilmillefleur's characters
Apparently my idea of “fancy” is the 1920s. I guess I’ve been reading a lot of Lackadaisy.
I am especially proud of Arbor’s monocle.
I just wanted to see them in fancy clothes.
I’m not very creative with ideas for clothing though. 😅
also you can see I tried drawing a centuar body on Spruce before realizing I had no idea what the lower half of her body looked like. She is a shapeshifter.
I have an older picture of her too, where she is a centaur.
Also just lots of erased lines. Not sure if I need a better pencil and eraser or if I just need to get good and not keep erasing and redrawing.
OMG!! OMG!! The way I grinned when I saw this!! Thank you so much, I love it!
I only just started reading Lackadaisy but I've seen the pilot/short film on youtube and LOVE IT! And I love the outfits you gave my characters! Now I wanna draw them too...Spruce's is so cute...
And yeah I am very aware of my baffling creative process...I'm very scatterbrained but never satisfied! :lau I think I'm done with that now, though.
@lilmillefleur I was reading the character bios and I know this is hypocritical because I never draw my own characters, but I was thinking: if Arbor and his mother and sister and Parafin have trees as their normal form, aren’t trees just as much a valid part of their character? You need to draw tree illustrations!
*tolkien fangirling intensifies*
(Because Tolkien described and illustrated many trees in his lifetime)
You're right, I DO need to draw some trees! Finals will be kicking my @$$ very soon but I've definitely wanted to draw some tree Lore for a long time :D
I imagine that the wooden puppets are powered by magic sap or something but they have to be carved by someone else.
And of course, just drawing trees in general is fun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom