Any artists out there?

Y'all I have a character design question: I want to write this fantasy story and the main character has myopia because I feel like that isn't really considered in medieval fantasy. I have terrible vision without my glasses. The main character, Perri is kinda a bit like a cooler self-insert but let's ignore that rn.
Perri is a dragonslayer for hire and she grew up in the forest with some dwarves. I feel like dwarves could be capable of creating technology outside of the time like glasses, but from a reader's standpoint, is it more interesting to read about a character who has glasses like you or to read about a character who has to overcome the challenges of bad vision in a glasses-free world and life-or-death situations?

Or option C, she has glasses but loses them and has to go without them until she can buy new ones. My only critiques is her adoptive parents could easily get her new ones and I also don't want it to become a major part of the story.

Y'all I have a character design question: I want to write this fantasy story and the main character has myopia because I feel like that isn't really considered in medieval fantasy. I have terrible vision without my glasses. The main character, Perri is kinda a bit like a cooler self-insert but let's ignore that rn.
Perri is a dragonslayer for hire and she grew up in the forest with some dwarves. I feel like dwarves could be capable of creating technology outside of the time like glasses, but from a reader's standpoint, is it more interesting to read about a character who has glasses like you or to read about a character who has to overcome the challenges of bad vision in a glasses-free world and life-or-death situations?
in my opinion i would rather read about someone who cant see well and doesnt have glasses. maybe they find or invent some later but i think having that as a problem would be fun to read about if that makes sense.

I feel like second option is very cool (I wanna describe more about how I feel about it but my silly goofy brain doesn't word today)

I feel like second option is very cool (I wanna describe more about how I feel about it but my silly goofy brain doesn't word today)
I don’t even know how I would write it or how she would overcome those challenges. But that is what makes it so creative and new, I don’t know that it’s been done before.

in my opinion i would rather read about someone who cant see well and doesnt have glasses. maybe they find or invent some later but i think having that as a problem would be fun to read about if that makes sense.

I agree with Isabella5Storm3. It would be especially interesting since she is trying hunt dragons but can’t see them as well, or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom