I worked on this dude last night
1683725718554.png

My mom: He has girl hair.
My friend: Why does she look lesbian?!
*Sigh*
It's just part of his style...

The hair is super cool!
What‘s giving you the most trouble?
I just need tips. Like how do people render without blending over and over again. Or is it just supposed to be THAT time consuming in general?? Seriously, people undermine digital artists. If it weren’t for the fact that I haven’t been able to carry a sketchbook around, I wouldn’t spend nearly as much time doing digital art😅

I’ve figured most of it out but would appreciate any and all tips!!

ps. I love your art style and I know you work with digital art often. Thanks for offering a hand!🫶

I just need tips. Like how do people render without blending over and over again. Or is it just supposed to be THAT time consuming in general?? Seriously, people undermine digital artists. If it weren’t for the fact that I haven’t been able to carry a sketchbook around, I wouldn’t spend nearly as much time doing digital art😅

ps. I love your art style and I know you work with digital art often. Thanks for offering a hand!🫶

Blending modes on layers are going to be your best friend. Usually when rendering skin I do the flats with a *touch* of shading, then go over it with a layer set to multiply to do hard shadows, and since the layer is its own, you can blur and soften the shadows as needed.

I’m working on a little breakdown drawing to help too, along with some more tips! I’ve got to run some errands so I’ll have to finish it later, but it shouldn’t be too long.

And thanks, that means a lot to me hearing that from you!

Hi everyone, I'm a beginning artist with some free time to doodle. If my drawings are horrendous, don't laugh. But comments are encouraged. Thanks! Also, if you didn't know, I love dragons!View attachment 3497529View attachment 3497530View attachment 3497531
Welcome!! There are quite a few people who love dragons as well on this thread, including myself. They’re just so fun to draw!

I really love your drawing of the red dragon sleeping all curled up!

Also hello everyone! I stopped getting notifs for this thread for some reason 😭

Yeah, I gave up on digital because it take so long! But I guess watercolor does too. And animations. But at least I make it look good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom