Any artists out there?

@cherrynberry
06DEA208-194B-40EF-AB0D-F011C6CEB7EC.png

This is my rendering process for skin! Rendering like this gives me good results in a small amount of time.

Tbh, doing a more painterly -using less layers, relying more on blending- way of rendering will take longer, but you can cut time by using blending modes and the like.

One thing that is super helpful if the colors just aren’t looking right is to drop a single color over your actual color layer, setting it to a mode such as screen or overlay and lowering the opacity as needed. Having a unifying color like that REALLY helps to bring all of the colors together and makes the whole drawing a lot more pleasing to the eye.

Another tip is to color your lineart. Having stark lineart against your colors oftentimes muddies up your work underneath it, so I always color my lineart to match the colors beneath, choosing darker versions of the original shades for the lines.

Even if my style is different than what you want, I hope you can still apply some of these tips! And do tell if you need any more help! ☺️

Just got back from school. Here’s how it’s looking now…

kudos if you can guess who I’m drawing (level: impossibly hard)
E7E17940-335A-4D9E-B025-95D10348F8E8.jpeg

@cherrynberry
View attachment 3500707
This is my rendering process for skin! Rendering like this gives me good results in a small amount of time.

Tbh, doing a more painterly -using less layers, relying more on blending- way of rendering will take longer, but you can cut time by using blending modes and the like.

One thing that is super helpful if the colors just aren’t looking right is to drop a single color over your actual color layer, setting it to a mode such as screen or overlay and lowering the opacity as needed. Having a unifying color like that REALLY helps to bring all of the colors together and makes the whole drawing a lot more pleasing to the eye.

Another tip is to color your lineart. Having stark lineart against your colors oftentimes muddies up your work underneath it, so I always color my lineart to match the colors beneath, choosing darker versions of the original shades for the lines.

Even if my style is different than what you want, I hope you can still apply some of these tips! And do tell if you need any more help! ☺️
Hmm. Yeah. I’m definitely lacking a lot of shadows. And yes, I’ve always been a fan of your work!
Yeah, I gave up on digital because it take so long! But I guess watercolor does too. And animations. But at least I make it look good.
Usually I build up the courage to try digital, realize why I put it off in the first place, and then go on a long while until I build up the false confidence again😅

View attachment 3501026

Hmm. Yeah. I’m definitely lacking a lot of shadows. And yes, I’ve always been a fan of your work!

Usually I build up the courage to try digital, realize why I put it off in the first place, and then go on a long while until I build up the false confidence again😅
Wow!

Oh wow! Everyone's art is so amazing! I'm into art myself but nothing that fancy or amazing.
Hi!! Hey, that’s okay! In my opinion, ALL artwork is amazing since it’s always unique to the creator, regardless of skill level or style. It’s pretty neat how everyone draws a bit differently. And hey, we’ve all gotta start somewhere! I’d love to see your work sometime, and I’m sure the other people on this thread would as well! No pressure though, ofc.

This is a super nice environment and just a great place to visit and share work with fellow artists 😁

Hi!! Hey, that’s okay! In my opinion, ALL artwork is amazing since it’s always unique to the creator, regardless of skill level or style. It’s pretty neat how everyone draws a bit differently. And hey, we’ve all gotta start somewhere! I’d love to see your work sometime, and I’m sure the other people on this thread would as well! No pressure though, ofc.

This is a super nice environment and just a great place to visit and share work with fellow artists 😁
Okay! Thanks
😊

View attachment 3501026

The hair looks great!

Back
Top Bottom