Any artists out there?

I've been gone a long time.

I finished this today after a long period of depression. It hasn't ended. Things are happening at flock Ladd that are suffocating me with grief. I love my birds, I really really do. I had plans and hopes and dreams with them.

If I had known I could bring utter devastation home from a fun trip to the state fair I would never have gone, because the bucket of cookies and selfie with the boo on the ferris wheel isn't worth this. I would do anything to go back in time and not go. Or to go and come home to burn the clothes and shoes I went in and connect with Satan in the shower.

As my flock slowly succumbs to this mystery ick, while I wait for test results from the UofM veterinary pathology lab, I have had time to reflect on things and want this to happen to no one else. I walked in the house late, drunk on fair beers and passed out in my clothes without proper biosecurity measures and my babies outside are paying the price.

Rest in peace my beautiful baby boy Agate my rooster who fell first. I continue to fight for my girls with what I managed to obtain in antibiotics before the fed closed access forever and I'm hoping to heaven 200 doses of doxy-tyl is enough for a lifetime supply.

I have never needed to euthanize an animal with my own hands until this last week. I have honestly hated so much of life this last month. My birds being sick are only one piece of that puzzle but there are not many ways left to rend my heart asunder.

20230625_172830.jpg
20230621_230421.jpg

I finished this today after a long period of depression. It hasn't ended. Things are happening at flock Ladd that are suffocating me with grief. I love my birds, I really really do. I had plans and hopes and dreams with them.

If I had known I could bring utter devastation home from a fun trip to the state fair I would never have gone, because the bucket of cookies and selfie with the boo on the ferris wheel isn't worth this. I would do anything to go back in time and not go. Or to go and come home to burn the clothes and shoes I went in and connect with Satan in the shower.

As my flock slowly succumbs to this mystery ick, while I wait for test results from the UofM veterinary pathology lab, I have had time to reflect on things and want this to happen to no one else. I walked in the house late, drunk on fair beers and passed out in my clothes without proper biosecurity measures and my babies outside are paying the price.

Rest in peace my beautiful baby boy Agate my rooster who fell first. I continue to fight for my girls with what I managed to obtain in antibiotics before the fed closed access forever and I'm hoping to heaven 200 doses of doxy-tyl is enough for a lifetime supply.

I have never needed to euthanize an animal with my own hands until this last week. I have honestly hated so much of life this last month. My birds being sick are only one piece of that puzzle but there are not many ways left to rend my heart asunder.

View attachment 3555794View attachment 3555799
I"m sorry to hear this. I hope they can find you an answer quickly. :(

I started this forever ago but suddenly felt the urge to finish it yesterday. It looks fine until you see the reference pic…View attachment 3555622View attachment 3555623
Wow, it’s pretty! Well, references are a tool, not something to copy anyway.
I found that I need to justify the need to create art by creating functional pieces - so that I would actually keep up with my (necessary) creative outlet.

So I learned to do leatherwork
www.lonehorseleather.com

It’s not going to steal your info.... I just haven’t figured out why
- what used to be Yahoo servers gives a security “alert” now that they are Turbify.
If anyone out there knows / has suggestions- please feel free to offer some assistance.
The homework project is another big part of why I haven’t messed with fixing the web site.
Pix attached in case you are concerned about the web site

I’m too busy with spring to work on that rn 😂
I get how you used to want to justify it. When I was a little child I was very practical. I still am, actually, but not when it comes to art.
Those are some very beautiful pieces.
Wicked cool

Awww, those kinds of things happen to all of us. But it’s not your fault, it’s hard to be diligent all the time.
I remember after the first time my biosecurity was breached and I unleashed devastating sickness onto my flock and I vowed to never let that happen again.
I lost a lot of birds and it was a horrible couple of years, but I pulled through, evidently.
Those are some adorable kitties, by the way.

I started this forever ago but suddenly felt the urge to finish it yesterday. It looks fine until you see the reference pic…View attachment 3555622View attachment 3555623
It looks adorable. 💙
And, don't worry about making art that doesn't look exactly like the reference! If people wanted to see that, they could just look at a photograph; the interpretation is what makes it art. 🙏

I found that I need to justify the need to create art by creating functional pieces - so that I would actually keep up with my (necessary) creative outlet.

So I learned to do leatherwork

It’s not going to steal your info.... I just haven’t figured out why
- what used to be Yahoo servers gives a security “alert” now that they are Turbify.
If anyone out there knows / has suggestions- please feel free to offer some assistance.
The homework project is another big part of why I haven’t messed with fixing the web site.
Pix attached in case you are concerned about the web site

I’m too busy with spring to work on that rn 😂
This is absolutely beautiful work. Especially the koi fish and the octopus. 💙🙏

I'm so, so sorry about your flock and everything else that has treated you roughly this past month, Sarah. :( :hugs

I hope the tests come back soon and that it's something treatable. And, if it's not, I hope your flock is strong enough to fight against it. 🙏

Please try not to blame yourself. I know it's hard not to, but ultimately it's not your fault. If you'd have known, you wouldn't have gone or you'd have amped up biosecurity, like you said.
Bad things happen, and we can't control when they do.

I'm not on much, but if you ever need someone to talk to, or just someone to vent to, my DMs are always open. 💙

Back
Top Bottom