Any artists out there?

Another drawing :) getting prepped for AF

Attachments

• 1687905738.pink.kobold_swep.png
    1687905738.pink.kobold_swep.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 5
I've been gone a long time.

I finished this today after a long period of depression. It hasn't ended. Things are happening at flock Ladd that are suffocating me with grief. I love my birds, I really really do. I had plans and hopes and dreams with them.

If I had known I could bring utter devastation home from a fun trip to the state fair I would never have gone, because the bucket of cookies and selfie with the boo on the ferris wheel isn't worth this. I would do anything to go back in time and not go. Or to go and come home to burn the clothes and shoes I went in and connect with Satan in the shower.

As my flock slowly succumbs to this mystery ick, while I wait for test results from the UofM veterinary pathology lab, I have had time to reflect on things and want this to happen to no one else. I walked in the house late, drunk on fair beers and passed out in my clothes without proper biosecurity measures and my babies outside are paying the price.

Rest in peace my beautiful baby boy Agate my rooster who fell first. I continue to fight for my girls with what I managed to obtain in antibiotics before the fed closed access forever and I'm hoping to heaven 200 doses of doxy-tyl is enough for a lifetime supply.

I have never needed to euthanize an animal with my own hands until this last week. I have honestly hated so much of life this last month. My birds being sick are only one piece of that puzzle but there are not many ways left to rend my heart asunder.

View attachment 3555794View attachment 3555799
So sorry. Illness in the flock is a special kind of devastation.

I've been gone a long time.

I finished this today after a long period of depression. It hasn't ended. Things are happening at flock Ladd that are suffocating me with grief. I love my birds, I really really do. I had plans and hopes and dreams with them.

If I had known I could bring utter devastation home from a fun trip to the state fair I would never have gone, because the bucket of cookies and selfie with the boo on the ferris wheel isn't worth this. I would do anything to go back in time and not go. Or to go and come home to burn the clothes and shoes I went in and connect with Satan in the shower.

As my flock slowly succumbs to this mystery ick, while I wait for test results from the UofM veterinary pathology lab, I have had time to reflect on things and want this to happen to no one else. I walked in the house late, drunk on fair beers and passed out in my clothes without proper biosecurity measures and my babies outside are paying the price.

Rest in peace my beautiful baby boy Agate my rooster who fell first. I continue to fight for my girls with what I managed to obtain in antibiotics before the fed closed access forever and I'm hoping to heaven 200 doses of doxy-tyl is enough for a lifetime supply.

I have never needed to euthanize an animal with my own hands until this last week. I have honestly hated so much of life this last month. My birds being sick are only one piece of that puzzle but there are not many ways left to rend my heart asunder.

View attachment 3555794View attachment 3555799
I'm there with you, though this isnt the first time I've had to deal with sickness.

I just started over this year. I'm really put off meat birds from the feed store, they bring nothing but health issues.

They're all on their last week of treatment for cocci, i caught it day 1, but still lost 2. One was taken in for testing because it was suddenly unable to walk, it's skin was purple like it wasnt getting enough air, and it was shivering uncontrollably.

Test results came in yesterday, which was a day late for the other chick who had similar but worse symptoms.

Test says cocci is the main illness, with e. Colli, and bacteria found in feaces in it's lungs. I clean their building every 3 - 4 days. I just wish they weren't so susceptible to disease.

Back
Top Bottom