Any artists out there?

A slew of white chickens (ignore turk). (The Rock is a much older drawing but I included it for comparison, no it’s not drawn to the Standard or in profile but I think we all know what a near perfect Rock looks like. I confess I’ve put off the Lamona because I thought it was a boring white chicken and the Holland because it is a redundant mix of two already very similar white chickens. (Yes it can be barred but so can the Rock and I’ve drawn it white for the sake of comparison.)
I have drawn sixtyish of the 61ish chicken breeds in the 44th edition of the American Standard of Perfection. Why do I say ish? Well, first of all, there are bantam/largefowl versions which would nearly double my count, but since they have the same type I’m not counting that. Second, I decided to include the Rhode Island White and Booted Bantam to sidestep pedantic folks. In the Standard, Rhode Island Whites are a separate breed, but in my opinion they are a more boring variety of a breed that is set apart by its unique coloring. And Booted Bantams are *I think* going to be recognized as a separate breed from the d’Uccle as they rightfully are a separate breed. Did you know white Booteds were added to the SOP in 1979, decades before the mille fluer Booted Bantams? That’s definitely why I drew a white one and not just because I was being lazy. Anyway, if you’ve gotten this far you clearly care about chickens… so I ask you… guess which breed is number 61, the chicken breed from SOP edition 44 that I have NEVER drawn before??? Hint, it is the last BREED to be accepted in the 44th edition. (Lol can’t wait for the 45th, one of my pages just fell out.)
0B158A17-6D07-4754-A7CE-2601D1824CE8.jpeg
7A99937C-5871-47BB-B9A5-3F69E988CCA0.jpeg

Attachments

• C9CEE260-952D-4FAD-8B8D-D2520F8D64FA.jpeg
    C9CEE260-952D-4FAD-8B8D-D2520F8D64FA.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 5
A slew of white chickens (ignore turk). (The Rock is a much older drawing but I included it for comparison, no it’s not drawn to the Standard or in profile but I think we all know what a near perfect Rock looks like. I confess I’ve put off the Lamona because I thought it was a boring white chicken and the Holland because it is a redundant mix of two already very similar white chickens. (Yes it can be barred but so can the Rock and I’ve drawn it white for the sake of comparison.)
I have drawn sixtyish of the 61ish chicken breeds in the 44th edition of the American Standard of Perfection. Why do I say ish? Well, first of all, there are bantam/largefowl versions which would nearly double my count, but since they have the same type I’m not counting that. Second, I decided to include the Rhode Island White and Booted Bantam to sidestep pedantic folks. In the Standard, Rhode Island Whites are a separate breed, but in my opinion they are a more boring variety of a breed that is set apart by its unique coloring. And Booted Bantams are *I think* going to be recognized as a separate breed from the d’Uccle as they rightfully are a separate breed. Did you know white Booteds were added to the SOP in 1979, decades before the mille fluer Booted Bantams? That’s definitely why I drew a white one and not just because I was being lazy. Anyway, if you’ve gotten this far you clearly care about chickens… so I ask you… guess which breed is number 61, the chicken breed from SOP edition 44 that I have NEVER drawn before??? Hint, it is the last BREED to be accepted in the 44th edition. (Lol can’t wait for the 45th, one of my pages just fell out.)
View attachment 3675027View attachment 3675028
Beautiful!!! :clap

I’ve been wanting to post in this thread for a while, but I haven’t been very confident with my art. I have finally drawn some doodles that I really enjoy and wanted to share! (The Zebra Doves is what I usually go by on other forums + what I sign my work with. I really need to find a better looking signature)
These drawings are of Pueo and I’Iwi, two native Hawaiian birds (plus an extra doodle of my pullet I named Pueo)!
IMG_3159.jpeg

I’ve been wanting to post in this thread for a while, but I haven’t been very confident with my art. I have finally drawn some doodles that I really enjoy and wanted to share! (The Zebra Doves is what I usually go by on other forums + what I sign my work with. I really need to find a better looking signature)
These drawings are of Pueo and I’Iwi, two native Hawaiian birds (plus an extra doodle of my pullet I named Pueo)!View attachment 3675036
Your drawings are amazing!!! Glad you joined this thread! :clap:frow💚

These drawings are of Pueo and I’Iwi, two native Hawaiian birds (plus an extra doodle of my pullet I named Pueo)!View attachment 3675036
I'm glad you're finally here! Your 'doodles' are very realistic and have a lot of motion in them! I hope you do share more in the future!

Wow they are so cool! I love birds! Have you seem the birdtober thread? Maybe you could even participate next year!
Beautiful!!! :clap
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom