Any artists out there?

Tracing is something I needed to do a long time ago before I understood how to transfer pictures by eye. and also a tool I'd use when I was trying to transition from tracing to eyeing a reference picture. Once it was all sketched out bringing in the reference picture and tracing it again over my own work. It helps to understand proportions.

I don't post any pictures on here that have been traced without saying I traced it though.
Yes Tracing helps you start drawing. When I first started out thats what I needed to do is trace of my computer screen. But as time pasted it was easier to draw and I didn't have to trace as much. It helps you learn new skills!

Some chicken drawings and drawings of my favorite dragon-chicken OC.

IMG_5043.jpeg
IMG_5045.jpeg
IMG_5048.jpeg
IMG_5047.jpeg

I sketched , painted and sculpted when younger and love to see others work! I switched over mostly to landscaping, gardening and building things years ago. Now my art is bigger than ever and is mostly living. I see patterns in nature that I could never equal with other mediums. Carpentry, gardening and landscaping inclines me to cut patterns in my fields and woods, make plantings for visual and more effects and to work with the grain or attributes of my work to please the senses. I can look at a well made wooden boat for hours and the beauty is on the par with the most beautiful of paintings or sculptures in other mediums. A well laid out and cared for garden is a wonderful work of art that shows the personality and the talent of the artist. Gardens require an artist to evolve with the needs of the garden and the seasons as well as their personal taste. Drawing or caring for gardens is a good start for any artist.

Back
Top Bottom