Any artists out there?

Yipee!
Hopefully it's up to your expectations and I wasn't hyping you up out of inexperience of actual quality paper. :lau
Oh, no, I have been wanting to buy this paper for a long time. I've never tried hot press watercolor paper before so I'm cautiously optimistic. I am interested in how colored pencils look on it, as well as watercolor and acrylics.

Its official - Baohong Academy hot press cotton watercolor paper is GSC Artwork approved and recommended. :D

I tested watercolor, colored pencil, and a little bit of gouache. It's wonderful for watercolor and gouache (and I'm sure for acrylics as well). It's not my favorite for colored pencil (I prefer an even smoother surface). It would probably be okay for someone who blends with mineral spirits, which I don't. There was minimal warping and it stood up to a lot of water and scrubbing, though the edges curled when I cut the page from the block which is a little annoying.

amgomixedmedia.jpg

Its official - Baohong Academy hot press cotton watercolor paper is GSC Artwork approved and recommended. :D

I tested watercolor, colored pencil, and a little bit of gouache. It's wonderful for watercolor and gouache (and I'm sure for acrylics as well). It's not my favorite for colored pencil (I prefer an even smoother surface). It would probably be okay for someone who blends with mineral spirits, which I don't. There was minimal warping and it stood up to a lot of water and scrubbing, though the edges curled when I cut the page from the block which is a little annoying.

View attachment 3764764
Wow! Looks great!!
How smooth is it in comparison to your smooth cold press?
How easy is it to draw pigment out of it?
I also like how sturdy it is.
To me it also seems to dry faster perhaps due to the layers under it although that could just be me.
Sometimes watercolor dries too fast when I am trying to do wet on wet technique and sometimes when I am waiting for it to dry so I can do another wash it seems to take forever.

Wow! Looks great!!
How smooth is it in comparison to your smooth cold press?
How easy is it to draw pigment out of it?
I also like how sturdy it is.
To me it also seems to dry faster perhaps due to the layers under it although that could just be me.
Sometimes watercolor dries too fast when I am trying to do wet on wet technique and sometimes when I am waiting for it to dry so I can do another wash it seems to take forever.
Thank you!
It is smoother than the cold press Bee Paper, although not by much.
I'd call watercolors semi-permanent on this paper, which I like. I was able to blot out some mistakes until they were almost gone. It seemed the longer the pigment was there the harder it was to remove.
I loved how even the washes turned out. I think it doesn't dry as fast than on the Bee Paper. I could be wrong. I need to do more testing. : )

Thank you!
It is smoother than the cold press Bee Paper, although not by much.
I'd call watercolors semi-permanent on this paper, which I like. I was able to blot out some mistakes until they were almost gone. It seemed the longer the pigment was there the harder it was to remove.
I loved how even the washes turned out. I think it doesn't dry as fast than on the Bee Paper. I could be wrong. I need to do more testing. : )
It’s funny how hard it is to find good watercolor paper that is also cheap. I had to research it online to find that.
I used to think all paper is the same until I started doing watercolor.
procrastinated on this a lot, but managed to finish it last night :D
View attachment 3765130
Goober

Back
Top Bottom