Any artists out there?

My biggest tip is buy good paper - 100% cotton and 140lb+ and tape on all sides (or buy a watercolor paper block). The quality of the watercolors isn't as important as the paper, but better quality watercolors contain more pigment so you don't have to apply as many layers to get dark colors. Like @Chicken poppy, I also start light and apply darker thin layers on top to achieve depth.
Thanks! I think I better invest in some better paper

believe it or not this was supposed to be done by christmas
I started and finished it yesterday
IMG_6166.png

Name - Dropspring
Rank - Warrior
Age - 18 moons
Gender - Male
Physical Description - Red and white tabby tom. Amber eyes, wide muzzle. Thick fur.
Personality - Quieter than his other siblings. He wished he was as good as them.
Family - Mother is Applestar. Siblings are Honeypaw and Galepaw. Father was Dustyfur (deceased).
Fun Facts - Great at fighting, but Honeycloud and Galefeather have always been better hunters than him.

Name: He Who Drops to Spring
Nickname: Drops
Mate/crush: nun yet
Mother: Oak
Father: Talon
Siblings: Autumn
Kits: no
Mentor (past or present): Ripple
Apprentice (past or present): open
Personality: honest. It's Dropspring ok! I've never pegged his actual personality!
Physical Description: common looking bright red and white tom. Too thin of fur, skinny, and wide of muzzle to be attractive. One or two small scars.
Other: digging yet another void in your family tree

What the heck, Dropspring? Which version am I supposed to draw? Is your fur thin or thick? This seems contradictory.
For context I reread The Tribe of Gathering Storms rp and it turns out I still love him, bro is relateable.
I’m guessing that “Drops” is just the malnourished version of “Dropspring.”
Reading the rp was funny because I explicitly said he was kind of ugly but the female cats fawned over him anyway. He did enjoy the attention though.

I also think that when I start rping and getting a feel for the character I often contradict the sheet.
Personality: Yes.

Back
Top Bottom