Any artists out there?

I thought it would be cool if us artists did a type of “Secret Santa” thing.. but y’know. It’s not Christmas.
Soo.. what if we did a “Secret Summer?” 😂
Everyone that wants to can just mention they’re interested to me, and I’ll add them to a pm. Then I’ll let everyone choose the name of a person they’ll get to create an artwork for, and when everyone’e finished, we share who our secret drawing was for and give it to them?
I just thought this would be fun to do? :rolleyes:

The first Secret Summer is completed!
☀️
Participants were:
@RDchicken99
@Amer
@-Kiwi-
@NC_Quail
@Lacy Duckwing
@The Chick Addict
@StinkyAcres
@cynikyle
@Somewhere_In_The_Clouds
@Duckpip
@Rose Quartz
@Isabella6Storm4
@Nero70002
@-Shade-
@AbL
@Blue Raptor
☀️
We’re currently revealing our secret person in the Secret Summer pm and the artwork we did for them, and you may see some of the results here as well!
If anyone else is interested (or re-interested :rolleyes:) I’ll put your name on a list of people to remember when I write the tag list for the Secret Santa (same concept) I’m planning to do this winter!

☀️
Participants were:
@RDchicken99
@Amer
@-Kiwi-
@NC_Quail
@Lacy Duckwing
@The Chick Addict
@StinkyAcres
@cynikyle
@Somewhere_In_The_Clouds
@Duckpip
@Rose Quartz
@Isabella6Storm4
@Nero70002
@-Shade-
@AbL
@Blue Raptor
☀️
We’re currently revealing our secret person in the Secret Summer pm and the artwork we did for them, and you may see some of the results here as well!
If anyone else is interested (or re-interested :rolleyes:) I’ll put your name on a list of people to remember when I write the tag list for the Secret Santa (same concept) I’m planning to do this winter!
My secret person was @Nero70002 :)
I drew her character Froot Loop for her!
18C2C72C-3AFF-422B-9706-B35B691223FC.jpeg

I also did two more for @cynikyle and one for @RDchicken99 just for fun!
CA16F3B7-23BF-481E-9BF8-AB4A41F75035.jpeg

7C6E9744-3B45-4CB3-B6FD-A849E88674D4.jpeg

6EC4467B-4427-4F2E-96AB-8793D2BACBCE.jpeg

I haven’t been drawing much, sadly, I’ve been pretty busy. But here’s a few recent ones I don’t think I’ve posted here before!
I was testing out drawings for a new phone case, and the first one won by far.
View attachment 3872738View attachment 3872739
And something other than a horse 😱 I’m surprised the universe didn’t implode when I drew it.
View attachment 3872740
These are so fabulous! You are so good at drawing bridles, and I love your soft and sketchy style!

☀️
Participants were:
@RDchicken99
@Amer
@-Kiwi-
@NC_Quail
@Lacy Duckwing
@The Chick Addict
@StinkyAcres
@cynikyle
@Somewhere_In_The_Clouds
@Duckpip
@Rose Quartz
@Isabella6Storm4
@Nero70002
@-Shade-
@AbL
@Blue Raptor
☀️
I am looking forward to that already! You might need to start it November First if we’re ever to finish by Christmas 😂
I really appreciate that all the artists involved put so much effort into this challenge. All of the results are beautiful, colorful, and detailed!
I drew @StinkyAcres’s black sexlinkhen, Meanie! It turned out to be probably my best piece of art ever.
IMG_7864.jpeg

For a bonus, a peek at the watercolor process. I used blue masking fluid to cover the straw and orange areas (and eye dots) but this also is the point when the painting looks extremely ugly and it’s easy to question what I am doing as an artist.
IMG_7768.jpeg

The person I chose was Blue Raptor @Blue Raptor ! I did Cayenne, he took me 10 hours and 50 minutes to do since it always takes me an unnecessarily long time to draw. I struggledddd with the pose and face angle. I used procreate on my iPad and uploaded the time lapse to YouTube. I’ve never fully drawn an actual dragon looking dragon before. Also sorry that the scales are kinda weird, I couldn’t figure out how they worked.
Reference
IMG_0018.png

Drawing
IMG_0052.png

Time lapse here

Last edited:
☀️
Participants were:
@RDchicken99
@Amer
@-Kiwi-
@NC_Quail
@Lacy Duckwing
@The Chick Addict
@StinkyAcres
@cynikyle
@Somewhere_In_The_Clouds
@Duckpip
@Rose Quartz
@Isabella6Storm4
@Nero70002
@-Shade-
@AbL
@Blue Raptor
☀️
Ah! I didn’t get this tag notification
My person was @Duckpip
A3E2AEE5-36D8-467B-9BE4-2144DAFFA65A.jpeg

It was just a freehand sketch cuz I didn’t want it to seem TOO close to the reference and colored pencil

Back
Top Bottom