Any coin collectors out there?

I said it in my post: The USA is just too young to have had interesting currency. Places like China, Russia, Sweden, Norway, and most of Africa are much, much older, and experimented with their currency.
It was more of a joke comment. Plus your post on why came after my question, so no need to point it out to me again.

There are some very cool American coins! A 3 cent nickel for example. I once had a Phillipine coin from right after ww2 occupation that was minted in San Francisco that I thought was really cool. I really love dimes, barber and mercury dimes are beautiful to me, and if course all the variations of silver dollar. I challenge you to hold a 120 year old silver dollar and tell me its not something special! Old Mexican coins are really really cool, my gold coin was a doe pesos from way back.

I used to teach history and geography, and I very casually collect (like, it's all thrown in a box and not organized and stuff) random currency. I have a little bit of something from all over the world. Third Reich pfennigs, a coin from Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), occupied Japan, 1943 France, Civil War coins and Confederate IOUs, 1909 rubles from Russia, etc, plus modern currency from about half the world I'd say.
PXL_20220902_140851626.jpg

There are some very cool American coins! A 3 cent nickel for example. I once had a Phillipine coin from right after ww2 occupation that was minted in San Francisco that I thought was really cool. I really love dimes, barber and mercury dimes are beautiful to me, and if course all the variations of silver dollar. I challenge you to hold a 120 year old silver dollar and tell me its not something special! Old Mexican coins are really really cool, my gold coin was a doe pesos from way back.
Oh, I didn't know those were things!

Back
Top Bottom