Any Gamers Here?

Pics
I am really enjoying BofW.

If anyone responds, please no spoilers or tips.

I’ve worked to double my stamina wheel. I haven’t worried with hearts, as I can cook what I want to increase my hearts.

At first I thought I would miss traditional Zelda dungeons, but at this point I’d like there to be a couple only for nostalgia. I don’t find the Divine Beasts to be very dungeon-like. I have restored one. As the game pretty much feels like the embodiment of the first NES Zelda’s instruction manual, I think a few creepy dungeons would be perfect for atmosphere. But I prefer the new game mechanics as to how puzzles and items work to the old.

IMG_5231.jpeg

I made it to the far north today.

I am really enjoying BofW.

If anyone responds, please no spoilers or tips.

I’ve worked to double my stamina wheel. I haven’t worried with hearts, as I can cook what I want to increase my hearts.

At first I thought I would miss traditional Zelda dungeons, but at this point I’d like there to be a couple only for nostalgia. I don’t find the Divine Beasts to be very dungeon-like. I have restored one. As the game pretty much feels like the embodiment of the first NES Zelda’s instruction manual, I think a few creepy dungeons would be perfect for atmosphere. But I prefer the new game mechanics as to how puzzles and items work to the old.

View attachment 3529484

I made it to the far north today.

This is all I am going to say. I’m glad you’re liking the game.

This is all I am going to say. I’m glad you’re liking the game.
I’m about as old as Link is. Meaning I was a boy old enough to play Nintendo back when the first Zelda game came out for NES. I played them all except Skyward Sword (as I never owned a Wii) and a couple of the DS ones I also skipped.

More than any of them, BofW feels like this:

IMG_5233.jpeg
IMG_5234.jpeg
IMG_5235.jpeg

Back in the day you really had to let your imagination fill in a lot due to the limitations of the hardware. Most of the lore didn’t come directly from the game, but instead came from the manuals and official strategy guides. Ocarina Of Time was the first that sort of got the feel right from what the lore was going for, but that was more in the dungeons than the world. I think that’s why I want to see a few expansive dungeons. OoT got the dungeons right and BofW has the world right, and I’d like to see the two combined.

Still haven't beaten the game. I can only do story stuff when DH is home. But I've almost got all the shrines and I'm halfway to the koroks I need for inventory space

The only reason me and my brother completed the game so fast is because we were both sick. We were sick for a while, and needed something to do. We played nonstop.

Back
Top Bottom