Any Home Bakers Here?

Today I made a frittata with all homegrown ingredients. Except for the olive oil, black pepper, parmesan cheese, milk, and sour cream.:rolleyes: Ok, not so totally home grown, but the bulk of it was. Eggs, onions, asparagus, potatoes, kale, spinach, and garlic.

The potatoes and garlic were last year's. Last of the potatoes, and the garlic is getting iffy. Onions were Egyptian Walking Onions, so those are always fresh. The asparagus, kale, and spinach were all new.

I wanted to do this :plbb to grocery store... :lau

Actually, let me explain my coop plan.

The coop is going to be on 4X4 posts. About 2 feet off the ground. That way the chickens have a shaded area they can go under if they need to.

The coop is gonna be 8‘ x 8‘. That’s 64 square feet. Because some of the chicks I picked up may be roosters, because they added extras, I may end up butchering some, and that number will go down, allowing more room for the hens.

Also, one of the walls is actually going to be openable so I can go into the coop, and pull out and clean out as necessary. It will also allow me to access the nesting box.

I honestly don’t know if this plan is best, so any input is appreciated.
You have a very good plan!

No, it has flown by, so much to do, so little time 😬 only 14 days til the operation, but we are driving to parents-in-law 2 days before, I have to get everything ready for the time I will be away (5 weeks) trying to get everything washed ( even the stuff you only wash once a year) cos after the operation,I won’t be able to do a lot for the next 6 months, even after rehabilitation , preparing the garden, ordering dog food and getting someone to look after her while my hubby is away an a business trip, hubby is also away on the weekends looking after his elderly parents, tax return almost, but not yet done , today I also fixed some netting in 2 windows cos mosquitos are plenty, time is flying by 🤪
I hope the recovery goes better than expected for you!

Back
Top Bottom