Any Home Bakers Here?

My memory of pizza burgers were what was served in elementary school. They were gross. Tasted nothing like pizza. It was a private school, and I think the food was better once I was able to go to the public school in 9th grade.
The food at my k-8 and then high school was very good. It was prepared onsite.

My Daughters schools had food made in a central kitchen and then trucked to each school site.

They did not eat school lunches!

Caught 8 craws today. Boiled and ate them.

20190226_154650.jpg

I can now say I LOVE the taste of crayfish.

Jared

The food at my k-8 and then high school was very good. It was prepared onsite.

My Daughters schools had food made in a central kitchen and then trucked to each school site.

They did not eat school lunches!

Growing up all throughout school, they made the food. It was good.
We would start to smell it by 10am & be completely starved by noon-lunch!
I don't know when these schools stopped "making" the food for these kids, but it is a total dis-service to them.
Some of these kids, it is the best & sometimes the only meal they get & to feed them this "stuff" they call food anymore...prepackaged, warmed-up, pink slime....
Not even "FOOD"" as I understand the definition.
We wonder why there are so many who have digestive issues & allergies. We might not have to wonder so far as to get ourselves lost...anyway, It is just so very sad.
How much $$$ are we really saving? Because that is what it should be about ...right?...
Watched that Jamie Oliver special years ago, where he tried to bring to light that decent real-food could be served to our children, but boy..no-one, but no-one wanted to see that...at least not those who make the decisions.
Needless to say, that program/show went off the air but-quick.
I understand we/I could all get real deep into this..sorry.:oops:
Again, Sorry to butt-in...I liked my school-years food growing up, well..the majority of it :D

Growing up all throughout school, they made the food. It was good.
We would start to smell it by 10am & be completely starved by noon-lunch!
I don't know when these schools stopped "making" the food for these kids, but it is a total dis-service to them.
Some of these kids, it is the best & sometimes the only meal they get & to feed them this "stuff" they call food anymore...prepackaged, warmed-up, pink slime....
Not even "FOOD"" as I understand the definition.
We wonder why there are so many who have digestive issues & allergies. We might not have to wonder so far as to get ourselves lost...anyway, It is just so very sad.
How much $$$ are we really saving? Because that is what it should be about ...right?...
Watched that Jamie Oliver special years ago, where he tried to bring to light that decent real-food could be served to our children, but boy..no-one, but no-one wanted to see that...at least not those who make the decisions.
Needless to say, that program/show went off the air but-quick.
I understand we/I could all get real deep into this..sorry.:oops:
Again, Sorry to butt-in...I liked my school-years food growing up, well..the majority of it :D
This is very true and it is sad what is served as lunch at schools now.

Back
Top Bottom