Any Home Bakers Here?

Helped No1 son make bread for dinner today. He chose to use spelt and bread flour and did a good job.

That is wonderful!

Morning Bakers making a meatloaf here tonight use a cast iron muffin pan..

Individual servings I like that.

Power still out here, so no baking.

Are they looting around your area?

If they are be very careful.
Question:

What soups and/or meals go well with sourdough bread?

A cream of broccoli soup would be wonderful with Sourdough bread or Sourdough bread bowl.

That is wonderful!

Individual servings I like that.

Are they looting around your area?

If they are be very careful.

A cream of broccoli soup would be wonderful with Sourdough bread or Sourdough bread bowl.
I'm in a pretty safe part of Baton Rouge, so no. I do know that they are looting in the more... savory streets.

D65043A3-4FFF-47FA-9A16-4F640DA5489A.jpeg

Sourdough bread is done. I actually learned how my bread has been splitting, sourdough or not. Turns out I’m shaping the loaves wrong and under proofing the bread.

That explains how my sourdough looks so good. I didn’t exactly shape the loaves the first few times I made sourdough. This time, I over shaped the loaf, and skipped the second rising phase due to a time constraint. Therefore, it was under proofed and shaped wrong.

Regardless of shape, it still tastes good.

I got four trays of starter dried today. So tomorrow I am going to reconstitute some to test it and then I will know I did it right. I'm excited about this, I was scared to try it but it was really pretty easy!
It only takes 10G of the powder.

I used a little food processor that works with my hand blender to crush up the flakes

View attachment 2820174

Sourdough bread is done. I actually learned how my bread has been splitting, sourdough or not. Turns out I’m shaping the loaves wrong and under proofing the bread.

That explains how my sourdough looks so good. I didn’t exactly shape the loaves the first few times I made sourdough. This time, I over shaped the loaf, and skipped the second rising phase due to a time constraint. Therefore, it was under proofed and shaped wrong.

Regardless of shape, it still tastes good.
Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom