Any Home Bakers Here?

@cavemanrich

Here is the recipe. Keep in mind it is specifically for cast-iron Dutch oven. It’s meant to be cooked over hot briquettes. If you can find a way to adapt it for a regular oven, that’s great.

Devil’s tooth cheesecake

Ingredients

Half a cube melted butter.
One package chocolate cookie wafers, crushed finely.
Two 8 ounce packages cream cheese.
1 cup sugar
16 ounces ricotta.
Six eggs
1/2 cup sour cream.
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract.
1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream.

Mixed butter and crumbs and press into a 10 inch Dutch oven.

Mixed cream cheese, sugar, ricotta, eggs, and sour cream until smooth. Melt the chocolate chips, butter, and whipping cream over low heat until smooth. Add the almond extract. Pour 1/3 of a white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Mix well. Pour this into crust. Add vanilla to remaining white mixture and carefully pour this over the chocolate layer already in the Dutch oven.

Put the Dutch oven over briquettes, with a majority on the lid. I used 16 briquettes when the outside temperature was 92°F to reach 350°F, Five on the bottom, the rest on top. Make sure that when the briquettes are spent, you replace them with fresh ones, which should happen after about 45 minutes.

Bake at 350F for about one hour and 30 minutes, or until the top cracks and is firm.

Note: You can eat this fresh and warm, but it tastes a lot better in my opinion if you let it cool overnight.

Picture you requested:

View attachment 3874074
It looks good!

Finally arrived home yesterday, 87 🥵 , I’ve always heard about people driving a certain amount above speed level, yesterday I found out after 32 years my husband belongs to the tribe of regularly driving BELOW speed level 🙄
Usually, I wouldn’t have minded as much but…first, it was very hot in the car, the AC quits when it is too hot, then I had to take pills against motion sickness which are not very healthy ( can cause Parkinson disease ) and he was driving so slow, trucks were passing us on the highway, and I was afraid I would need to swallow another pill…but, after 5 hours, he got us home 😅 my garden looks sad, no peaches, no mulberries, I didn’t plant any tomatoes this year, no plums and only a few apples 😟 the neighbors tree didn’t damage our shed, but it looks bad, and I can’t do anything about it right now, but, a friend brought by flowers, a complete homemade meal including salad, dressing and cake 🥰 that really lightened everyone’s mood 😅
It is good that you made it home!

I made classic lemon bars
Double Lemon Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients
52 vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
4 eggs, divided
4 pkg (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
3 tbsp flour
1 tbsp zest and 1/3 cup juice from 2 lemons, divided
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup water

Heat oven to 325ºF.

Line 13x9-inch pan with parchment, with ends of parchment extending over sides. Combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 min.

Meanwhile, separate 1 egg; refrigerate yolk until ready to use. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour, lemon zest, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add egg white and remaining 3 whole eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended

Pour cream cheese batter over crust.

Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours.

Combine cornstarch and remaining sugar in medium saucepan; gradually stir in water and remaining lemon juice until blended. Bring just to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir until clear and thickened.

Beat reserved egg yolk in small bowl with fork until blended. Add 2 Tbsp. of the hot cornstarch mixture to beaten egg yolk; mix well. Return to remaining cornstarch mixture in saucepan; stir until blended. Cook 1 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.

Spoon lemon glaze over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Use parchment handles to remove cheesecake from pan before cutting into bars. Serve topped with blueberries. 20240627_192218.jpg

I did a little experimenting.
Used 450 grade cake flour instead of All-purpose.
This is yeast raised dough. It is high hydration, and came out SUPER SOFT, (when fresh first day) Second day, dough did stiffen up some, as I expected.
Fruit filled. 2 loaves Peaches, and Blueberries. 2 loaves Apples, and Blueberries.
Also, first time experimenting with the topping. Instead of using streusel,, I dusted with crushed graham crumbs. and sprinkle topped with granular sugar on top of that.

20240621_225036.jpg
20240621_225052.jpg
20240621_225101.jpg

Some of the topping did fall off, after baking,,(when tipped sideways), but not all. Some did bake/stick onto top of loaf,
20240621_225231.jpg

In this picture, can be seen , slice laying flat, and crumbs still holding on.
20240621_230404.jpg

Cakes turned out Delicious. :drool:drool:drool

I did a little experimenting.
Used 450 grade cake flour instead of All-purpose.
This is yeast raised dough. It is high hydration, and came out SUPER SOFT, (when fresh first day) Second day, dough did stiffen up some, as I expected.
Fruit filled. 2 loaves Peaches, and Blueberries. 2 loaves Apples, and Blueberries.
Also, first time experimenting with the topping. Instead of using streusel,, I dusted with crushed graham crumbs. and sprinkle topped with granular sugar on top of that.

View attachment 3875401View attachment 3875402View attachment 3875403
Some of the topping did fall off, after baking,,(when tipped sideways), but not all. Some did bake/stick onto top of loaf,
View attachment 3875404
In this picture, can be seen , slice laying flat, and crumbs still holding on.
View attachment 3875406

Cakes turned out Delicious. :drool:drool:drool

Just following up with your previous question. Did you get my recipe for the devils tooth cheesecake?

Last I heard, you wanted to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom