Any Home Bakers Here?

I just realized you were out of chocolate chips. Sorry, I must’ve missed that.

Anyway, here’s the recipe I was thinking about giving to you. You could probably omit the chocolate chips and M&Ms, and it will probably still turn out well.

View attachment 3946429

I think this recipe is in the index.
Looks perfect! Thank you!

jnicholes

Jared,,, You are our local Astronomer here.
I took a snap with my Phone,, but it isn't worth much. :hit
Supposedly called the Blood Moon, and not to be same again until 2042.
I don't know much about these phases. I know there are lunar eclipses more often than 20 years apart.
Did you have cloudless night by your area??
Can you fill us in on yesterdays occurrence??
20240917_200151.jpg

jnicholes

Jared,,, You are our local Astronomer here.
I took a snap with my Phone,, but it isn't worth much. :hit
Supposedly called the Blood Moon, and not to be same again until 2042.
I don't know much about these phases. I know there are lunar eclipses more often than 20 years apart.
Did you have cloudless night by your area??
Can you fill us in on yesterdays occurrence??
View attachment 3946697

There was a partial lunar eclipse last night. Partial is an overstatement. Earth shadow only covered 8% of the moon. I did get a picture, but it’s not as good. By the time I got my telescope out, a cloud rolled in the way.

IMG_4578.jpeg

You see how on the upper left a part of the moon is missing? Well, that was it.

Here’s my best telescope picture. It’s not that good because of clouds.

IMG_4582.jpeg

@jnicholes , hey, I never got around to making the farmer's cheese. I started using the milk in my morning coffee with sugar, and it was a nice treat for a change. I used the last of the milk yesterday to make cheese sauce for some cauliflower.

And I have nearly 12 pounds of Tillamook cheese in the fridge, so I'm not really needing to make any. Someday I will, but it will probably be a long time before I buy milk again.

@jnicholes , hey, I never got around to making the farmer's cheese. I started using the milk in my morning coffee with sugar, and it was a nice treat for a change. I used the last of the milk yesterday to make cheese sauce for some cauliflower.

And I have nearly 12 pounds of Tillamook cheese in the fridge, so I'm not really needing to make any. Someday I will, but it will probably be a long time before I buy milk again.

I understand. If you do plan on making it sometime, let me know.

Since I heard that time to start baking was in the air,,, I decided to do such.
This is not a recipe,,, but an idea. I like baking cakes with fresh fruit.
The dough is my basic Baking powder raised. I have posted recipes for it before.
What is nice with this idea,,,,,, You can take your favorite cake recipe, and add fruit into it. Pound cake recipe would work just fine. :frow
This post is picture heavy, I know,, but easiest way to get the idea across.
Lets start with my inspiration...
At the grocery store. produce/fruit section.
20240913_150516.jpg

Filled a bag with quantity I needed.
20240913_150519.jpg

These are Italian Plums. They are in season currently. I washed them, and cut into halves. Yes I removed the pits;)
20240915_131934.jpg

My quantity of dough was correct for a large pan plus a smaller pan.
20240915_135941.jpg

I had some streusel saved in refrigerator, so applied it to the top.
20240915_135946.jpg

Baked. I baked at 350°F for about 45 minutes. Nicely tanned, and pokey stick came out dry. (I use a skewer stick, but toothpick does same service)
20240915_145527.jpg
20240915_145532.jpg

Here is cross section
20240915_184632.jpg

Serving portion.:drool:drool:drool
20240916_140645.jpg

Still had some plums leftover, so made a second batch of dough, and placed plum halves vertically. There was also some cherries leftover from previous adventure, so decide to add them here.
20240915_152513.jpg

Same bake time and temperature as first batch. I had to do in two bakes, because my oven is not that large. I also do not bake on more than one level at a time.
20240915_184651.jpg

Better view of cross section.
20240915_184641.jpg

Portion:drool:drool:drool
20240916_173558.jpg
20240917_122250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom