Any Home Bakers Here?

I was looking in the index for a focaccia bread recipe. I could have swarn someone had posted one when the thread was first started, but didn't see any. Do any of you have a good recipe? I went to look at my Pinterest bread board, but got distracted with a garlic cheese breadstick recipe, so I'm now making that
1f602.png

Sorry, recipe was for pizza dough but there is a lot of focaccia discussion there.

Thanks, that must be what I was thinking of! I remember when the thread started focaccia being discussed! Then I didn't see a recipe and had to question my sanity for a bit
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

My local bread shop sells pizza and focaccia mix (for the breadmaker). If you put fresh stuff on it, it's pizza, if you cook it by itself with some herbs on it, it's focaccia.

My local bread shop sells pizza and focaccia mix (for the breadmaker).  If you put fresh stuff on it, it's pizza, if you cook it by itself with some herbs on it, it's focaccia.  

Okay. I'll have to do my pizza dough recipe or try one on here and make focaccia with it. We just have a farm share and have herbs and lots of garlic (and obviously lots of veggies) I need to use up! Haha

Here is my Focaccia recipe. Well the one I use - it comes form the "Fleischmann's Yeast Best-Ever Breads" cookbook. I usually just put olive oil on the dough and sprinkle it with Italian Herbs and parmesan cheese. Oh, and I use regular dried yeast and it just takes a little longer to rise to double.
We like thin and crispy pizza so our pizza dough would not work for focaccia.
Focaccia

· 2 ¼ c flour
· 1 pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
· 2 ½ tsp dried oregano
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 c. very warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
· 1 egg
· TOPPING
In a large bowl, combine 1 ½ c. flour, undissolved yeast, oregano and salt. Stir in very warm water and oil into dry ingredients. Stir in egg and enough flour to make a stiff batter.
Cover and let rest 10 min.
With lightly oiled hands, spread batter in oiled 13x9-inch baking pan. Spread with selected topping. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm, draft free place until almost double in size - about 15 to 30 minutes.
Bake at 400*F for 25 min. or until brown. Let cool in pan on wire rack or serve warm.
PARMESAN AND PECAN TOPPING
Drizzle ¼ cup olive oil over batter. Sprinkle with ¾ c. chopped pecans and ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese. Press nuts into batter.
ONION AND HERB TOPPING
Combine ¼ c. olive oil and 1 ½ c. thinly sliced onion in large skillet. Cook over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft but not browned. Spread onion mixture over batter. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves (crushed) and 1 teaspoon coarse salt (optional).

Here is my Focaccia recipe. Well the one I use - it comes form the "Fleischmann's Yeast Best-Ever Breads" cookbook. I usually just put olive oil on the dough and sprinkle it with Italian Herbs and parmesan cheese. Oh, and I use regular dried yeast and it just takes a little longer to rise to double.
We like thin and crispy pizza so our pizza dough would not work for focaccia.
Focaccia

· 2 ¼ c flour
· 1 pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
· 2 ½ tsp dried oregano
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 c. very warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
· 1 egg
· TOPPING
In a large bowl, combine 1 ½ c. flour, undissolved yeast, oregano and salt. Stir in very warm water and oil into dry ingredients. Stir in egg and enough flour to make a stiff batter.
Cover and let rest 10 min.
With lightly oiled hands, spread batter in oiled 13x9-inch baking pan. Spread with selected topping. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm, draft free place until almost double in size - about 15 to 30 minutes.
Bake at 400*F for 25 min. or until brown. Let cool in pan on wire rack or serve warm.
PARMESAN AND PECAN TOPPING
Drizzle ¼ cup olive oil over batter. Sprinkle with ¾ c. chopped pecans and ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese. Press nuts into batter.
ONION AND HERB TOPPING
Combine ¼ c. olive oil and 1 ½ c. thinly sliced onion in large skillet. Cook over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft but not browned. Spread onion mixture over batter. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves (crushed) and 1 teaspoon coarse salt (optional).
......fooooocaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

big-drooling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Back
Top Bottom