Any Home Bakers Here?

It's been weeks of heat here and a little rain this morning and it's just starting again 😀

I baked a cake with yeast today

Yeast Flour sugar , butter olive oil, 3 egg yokes and two of the white, vanilla cinnamon, foraged Blackberries soaked in honey and a apple
Here it is with yogurt and a drizzle of honey
View attachment 3225276

View attachment 3225272
Nice!

I could send you a couple of loaves FED-EX,,,,,,, BUT THE CUSTOMS AGENTS WOULD BE FIGHTING AMONG THEMSELVES:drool:drool:drool:drool even though it cooled already. All that would arrive by your home ,, would be empty box.:(

Aria,, I just LUV:love Yeast raised cakes. Give Martha's recipe a test drive.
https://www.marthastewart.com/337590/placek
I bake this one often. :drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3225413
I do modify Step 5. I go with Equal portions of sugar, and flour. She uses 1 part sugar, and 2 parts flour.
Thanks for the recipe!

I’m going to feed my starter today so I’ll have dough to bake tomorrow. Which is also supposed to be the hottest day of the week! :barnie I suppose I could actually buy some bread.:idunno
Sequel, I just fed my Genesis. I am out of BREAD...will bake in the morning. I
NEVER buy bread. I will bake two LARGE LOAVES of Sourdough Multigrain Seeded ....one will go to my neighbor and one for me. I say Thank You to my
neighbors for helping me...probably I have said this many times. Aria

I have a question for everyone here. Do you prefer a gas stove or an electric? What is your experience (good or bad) with either?

Our electric stove has had its final repair. We replaced the burners for the last time. When those go, we'll have to replace the stove. It's original to the house, so it's 42+ years old and doesn't owe us anything.

We have propane here for heat. I don't know if it's cheaper to cook/bake with propane than electricity. I've used gas stoves a few times in my life, but most of my cooking has been with electric stoves and ovens.
I grew up with gas and adjusting to electric was tricky. I feel like gas gives you more flexibility with temperature adjustment when using the stove. The oven is no different. I do like not having to worry about pilot lights and such though. I don’t know what new technology, if any, is out there for gas.

I do like not having to worry about pilot lights and such though. I don’t know what new technology, if any, is out there for gas.
For information purposes... Pilot lites have been replaced with electronic spark ignition for stove tops, and glow type igniters for the oven, and broiler burners. Things are designed "FAIL SAFE" that means, if your igniter is broken,, there is no way to light oven with a match. The top burners are capable of being started with a match light in a power outage situation.

My preference for stoves, ovens, is GAS. :thumbsup I had both.

I don't have pies made yet, but the berries are picked.
1032e.PNG

Sequel, I just fed my Genesis. I am out of BREAD...will bake in the morning. I
NEVER buy bread. I will bake two LARGE LOAVES of Sourdough Multigrain Seeded ....one will go to my neighbor and one for me. I say Thank You to my
neighbors for helping me...probably I have said this many times. Aria
Isn't lovely having good neighbours.
Thank them from me for being so good to you.

I had a bad experience a few weeks ago with a neighbour that's turned bad.
He threw my bins around and stopped me putting them in the allocated area. The result was I was forced too put them in a sun trap in weeks of the highest temperatures. 1 vegetable bag was left by the bin men and I don't blame them at all because it stank.
I've just sterilised my bins but I'm afraid all I could do was rebag the rotten one.

The neighbours heard this man ranting and I was afraid they would think I was bad but instead two of the lads kept a close eye on the situation signealing to me they were there and then another lady who had gone too a really good restaurant with her family delivered me a lovely meal, that made up for everything that upset me

Now for another good thing. @Aria bread
I ate this this morning with eggs

20220818_102401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom