Any Home Bakers Here?

I bought tubs at walmart cut the front out.
Good morning Home Bakers.
Secret we do not have humidity will be in the high 70's here.
It is 80 here. We just had a shower and thunder and now it is 78....So glad I Have AC in my home. Do not use it much..but
when needed it is Here. The temps forecast high all week. The
AC just came on. It is now running.

Does anyone here make their own tortilla chips? Hubby read about
making them out of corn tortillas. I bought some and he tried making them by cutting each round into wedges, brushing with olive oil, salting them, and baking at 350.

10 minutes was too short, and 15 too long. Ok, so try 12...?

But the bits of chip that weren't burned were "corn flavored chewing gum," so they didn't bake evenly.

I told him we are not going to get a deep fryer. We could try air frying them.

Any tips?
You are oil avoidant? I am a bit too but the data out says we were wrong about a lot of oil and bad health. Lard is actually listed as a good oil, butter is a neutral oil and Crisco is listed as an un healthy oil. I still can't bring myself to use Lard!

The instructions I have for making chips out of corn tortillas is:

Fry tortillas in oil until crisp; drain well

Quite simple!

I just did some research, and I realized I need to build my nesting box for my chickens within five weeks. One of my pullets, the austra white, apparently lays at 12 weeks old according to the Internet. All the chickens are seven weeks old today.

I have five weeks to build the nesting box.
It is not a bad idea to get the nest boxes in! I would not count on 12 weeks though. I would expect 14-17 weeks old...closer to 17 weeks.

You are oil avoidant? I am a bit too but the data out says we were wrong about a lot of oil and bad health. Lard is actually listed as a good oil, butter is a neutral oil and Crisco is listed as an un healthy oil. I still can't bring myself to use Lard!

The instructions I have for making chips out of corn tortillas is:

Fry tortillas in oil until crisp; drain well

Quite simple!
I have started using lard! It’s wonderful to work with! I’ve not deep fried with it, I made pie crust with it.

Good morning, everyone.

IMG_3554.jpeg

My chickens learned how to use the roosting bar. Apparently six of them slept on it last night. One jumped off as I was getting the photo.

I actually need to replace that bar with something thicker. It’s bowing under their weight.

As soon as I look at my menu plan, I’ll figure out what to bake today.

Good morning, everyone.

View attachment 3867505

My chickens learned how to use the roosting bar. Apparently six of them slept on it last night. One jumped off as I was getting the photo.

I actually need to replace that bar with something thicker. It’s bowing under their weight.

As soon as I look at my menu plan, I’ll figure out what to bake today.
Jared, Such a neat looking coop. Beautiful chickens. It is
80 degrees here...HOT HUMID. I need to feed Genesis tonight.
and planning to bake in the morning. Family coming.

Back
Top Bottom